PDA

View Full Version : New guy and a question

calmman7
10/05/2007 12:14pm,
Alright, some big bull told me to post my own, so here goes...
Hey I'm a new guy here. I have studied karate when younger, wanted to be a ninja in my preteen years (during the Ninja craze), studied a little boxing, wrestling, played basketball, soccer, ran track, cross-country, played baseball till my ribs got broken during a game, got back into martial arts, more striking, more grappling, did American Kenpo Karate, tried to avoid some fights (was mildly successful at times) and generally try to enjoy life now.

My question, hey why do you study martial arts?

Thanks all.

OmegaBot
10/05/2007 12:16pm,
BULL RUSH ON calmman7!!!

FickleFingerOfFate
10/05/2007 12:18pm,
To stay in shape, control my weight, and for the comaradarie of the people I train with.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Welcome.

Craigypooh
10/05/2007 12:25pm,
I like the competition of sparring. I think it's good to continualy strive to improve myself both physically and mentally.

coytheboy
10/05/2007 12:48pm,
I like rolling around on the floor with other men.
The real reason is so my wife can't beat me up any more.
I want to be on TUF.
It is just an ego trip, I want people to think that I am a bad ass instead of just an asshole.

HappyOldGuy
10/05/2007 12:51pm,
Mostly for health. Training without a purpose is boring, and bored me starts flaking on workouts. Having some sort of competition to work towards, even at my less than stellar level, keeps me showing up.

FickleFingerOfFate
10/05/2007 12:51pm,
I like rolling around on the floor with other men.
The real reason is so my wife can't beat me up any more.
I want to be on TUF.
It is just an ego trip, I want people to think that I am a bad ass instead of just an asshole.

Trolling newbitown is a bannable offense. :5baby: :5no:

Vector
10/05/2007 3:19pm,
"Having some sort of competition to work towards, even at my less than stellar level, keeps me showing up."

Amen...

Whosthemaster
10/05/2007 5:42pm,
Because it's damn fun and traditional group sports like soccer and whatever SUCK!!!!

aaaargh
10/06/2007 2:43pm,
Spectacular exercise and it's great fun. Why else?

kwoww
10/06/2007 2:54pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

I don't know why I like MA, but it just appeals to me. It's active, it's fun, and you get to hit stuff.

MartialMind
10/06/2007 3:25pm,
Itís an acceptable way to deal with my aggression, and it turns out I just like fighting. Besides the people you train and spar with end up becoming some of your best friends.

el dangeroso
10/09/2007 7:57pm,
I do martial arts mainly for fitness and to keep my competitive spirit. When I have discipline in one area it helps my discipline in other areas. Sometimes in life I have a tendency to "go with the flow" and not put in the work to achieve goals. When I am doing a competitive form of martial arts, I realize I have to work hard to perform at a certain level. This seems to translate to other areas of my life as well. Nothing I encounter today is going to be as hard as training was last night.

Golden
10/14/2007 2:12am,
I'm new as you have guessed! I Study because I love how meditation can help you, in the martial arts and in life. Started sudying in 1977, with Sensei Hidy Ochiai at his HQ's.
He taught meditation in his classes.

Golden