PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Here

dothackRAVE
9/22/2007 2:46pm,
Hi guys! I'm new here.

I found Bullshido through Wikipedia, while reading about "Ninjutsu". I wanted an idea of what the general public thought was "ninjutsu", since the seniors in the Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu dojo I am in generally stay away from that name even though we associate ourselves slightly with the shinobi (only a few schools out of the nine are claimed to have descended from ninjutsu).

I've been reading the Bullshido entry on Bujinkan, and I think a lot of it is a misunderstanding (especially the "unrealistic attacks" portion). I thought maybe Bujinkan is under-represented here, and I could provide what I know of it to the community.

I am aged 19. I first got into martial arts with Taekwondo (back home in Malaysia). Later on, I had some exposure to Aikido, because my little sister was training and I had to wait for her. I challenged the master once, and he took me out in one move. At about age 15, I got influenced by Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do philosophy, to learn everything, keep what's useful and discard what's useless.

And that's exactly what I did. I read books on Aikido and Hapkido. I took up fencing. I did some kendo before deciding that I want something more brutal and battlefield relevant. My grandfather was a martial artist, and I learned from him a few things. However, due to some serious language barriers (he spoke a dialect of Chinese I don't understand), I have no idea what system of CMA he did.

I'm not a master in any system of martial arts. However, I hope to earn a black in the Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu system of martial arts.

I hope my limited knowledge of Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu will serve to help people understand the art better. There's a lot going for it, in my opinion. It isn't just an art for beating down your enemies. It is highly adapted for the modern age, and although we look like we're not training against realistic scenarios, we have our reasons for it.:glasses1:

BJJbot
9/22/2007 2:47pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, dothackRAVE. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.