PDA

View Full Version : newbe

temuchin
9/19/2007 6:31pm,
Hi anybody living in Belgium searching for a sparringpartner in Brussels - I'm your man Fighting is my thing. no more to tell actually just occasionally having troubles to get motivated :) cheerz to you all

BJJbot
9/19/2007 6:32pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, temuchin. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

kwoww
9/19/2007 7:05pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

By "Freestyle" do you mean you just make stuff up or do you actually train? Just curious.

It doesn't really matter, though, as long as you're willing to join the fight against Bullshido. We train full-contact Debate Fu on this forum.

temuchin
9/20/2007 4:41am,
Well I call it freestyle becouse I train a lot on my own
I am adept at teaching myself and think I learn faster on my own than with a teacher, so I'd have no style actually. The problem is that it leaves me without a sparring partner....

But I've built op a good array of waeponry, but really bad grappling skillz (kind of hard to train grappling without a partner ey :)) I could of course just buy a Crocodile or Bear to wrestle with...

I did a bit of Taekwondo so my kicks aren't that bad, just picked two or three kicks and trained them really hard, I learned myself to boks a bit, then added a bit of close combat techniques to the mix and voila.
So my actual style can be described as Jeet Kune Do-Close Combat
In my opinion you don't need any wacky teachers that instruct you in 'the way', you just need a lot of motivation, a logic mind, lots of free time and somme sparring partners.

So my actual style can be described as Jeet Kune Do-Close Combat
I did found somme combinations and techniques that I thought would work in Real fight or streetfight, but mostly found them back in another system afterwards...

I mostly live to far from good schools or my parents won't allow me (will be changing soon though)
that means that I've been undefeated for a few years now (which sucks because I know I'm not that good) I actually want to be defeated to get motivated again, and become stronger.

I hope that answers you question.

Tonuzaba
9/20/2007 5:42am,
Oh boy...

Not that there would be anything wrong with motivation and the will to learn, but...

Those "wacky people" are/should be competent to teach you good stuff. Correct your mistakes. Guide you. Ask yourself why even the "best" fighters, champions and black-belts of even the most acclaimed styles/systems usually DO have a teacher/instructor/coach...

Anyway, welcome to Bullshido. Read around a lot.

temuchin
9/20/2007 5:54am,
I'm just a weird person, I learn in a different way then others I guess.
My training in TKD was a lot better if I trained at home, the lessons were 'weakened and softer' because of the other weaker people standing around and training, I improved loads at home, not in class.
I did not mean that all ma teachers are wacky, but that lots of them are and do not share my views. Besides, with enough experience you can correct most of your mistakes, but indeed never as good as a trainer could do.

There are also very good people that went on on their own like Oyama and Bruce Lee. But they are a bit different from me I guess. :)

alex
9/20/2007 6:00am,
Mas Oyama sparred people a lot and was just plain fucking hardkore as well. bruce lee was an actor. You will not find a top level fighter ANYWHERE who got there without sparring and having a good coach, period. now go find a teacher and actually learn howe to fight isntead of dancing around with yourself deluding yourself into thinking you know what youre doing because you were better than some halfass tkd club members.

Tonuzaba
9/20/2007 6:17am,
... You will not find a top level fighter ANYWHERE who got there without sparring and having a good coach, period...
And once again sir Alex and his adopted chunner agree.

But hey, we were all kids once, right? Give him some time...