PDA

View Full Version : Free military game

Pages : [1] 2 3

colonelpong2
9/10/2007 8:53pm,
Hey guys, came across this retarded attempt at recruitment.

This is a "Game" from the NZ army website. Thought it might provide a few chuckles...

http://www.force9.co.nz/

teddy_bear
9/11/2007 1:33am,
http://urbanterror.net is a pretty good free FPS.

Heffy
9/12/2007 8:25am,
Am I the only one here who finds video games run by the military for recruitment purposes extremely disturbing?

M1K3
9/12/2007 8:31am,
Am I the only one here who finds video games run by the military for recruitment purposes extremely disturbing?
Yes.
:cat: :icon_tong

illegalusername
9/12/2007 9:02am,
Am I the only one here who finds video games run by the military for recruitment purposes extremely disturbing? You want to be scared, check the kind of people who play America's Army.
"Omg this is so cool when i hit 18 im gonna enlist ^____^"

Also, that Force 9 is training how to defend against Zombies or something. With soldiers who cannot turn in combat :D

AMH
9/12/2007 9:09am,
I am a Psychology Technician for the U.S. Department of Defense and I work with U.S. Army IET soldiers every day. Ever since the war started the quality of the new soldiers has declined. I should start asking how many of them play Americas Army.

Heffy
9/12/2007 11:38am,
It's the method of insinuating that war is "cool" and "fun" and "exciting", that scares me.

This kind of propaganda is encouraging our children to go off and get themselves killed, so teh people in charge can continue to promote their own interests. When I hear people saying that a slain soldier in Iraq is a "hero" it sets me off. I mean what is heroic about getting paid to let someone else exploit (and squander) your life so that they can further their own personal agendas?

Especially when the reason a lot of people join is because they are promoting this whole idea of "killing people is really cool".
A notable example is the U.S Air Force website
http://www.dosomethingamazing.com
Check out the one where they drop the cluster bombs(or whatever I dunno what kinda bombs they are).
Isn't that exciting? I mean you can kill people you don't even know en masse, and you wont even have to look them in the eye or hear their screams. Totally awesome!

Vince Tortelli
9/12/2007 12:32pm,
Warning warning! Democratic ACLU left winger detected! Please remain at your current location...the Department of Homeland security will be around shortly to ship you off to Gitmo. Be advised, you will not be tortured if you cooperate fully with your interrogators...unless they get bored or something.

Airman Kai
9/12/2007 12:51pm,
Meh, whatever. I wasn't brainwashed by the uber-coolness of the military, but I still joined. Gotta eat, ya know.

Also, bombs ARE cool, so it's not really a trick if it's the truth.

illegalusername
9/12/2007 1:45pm,
Nobody is going to dispute that :P

But still, i think joining the army because it is cool is a fantastically bad idea

(I served for a year in the FDF for what it's worth.)

Heffy
9/12/2007 2:16pm,
Meh, whatever. I wasn't brainwashed by the uber-coolness of the military, but I still joined. Gotta eat, ya know.

Bombs are cool, provided they are not targeted at you. Imagine a bomb like that dropping in YOUR civilian city to blow up the terrorist who may or may not live 2 blocks away. I promise you that would **** up your house, and possibly kill you or members of your family.

The reported civilian casualties in Iraq are around 75,000 now. That is more than ten times the amount of Americans who've died in Iraq, and the world trade centers combined.

Foreign people are not much different than us (contrary to popular opinion). When they get killed in mass numbers for no reason they get really pissed off (just like we did). I think a lot of people need to try and put themselves in their shoes. Especially because the "insurgent" fighters pay you, and will pay money to your family if you die. When you have nothing to live for already, that's a pretty promising offer.

I understand having to eat, but that's the other thing that is super fucked. You need enough money to support yourself, and any dependents you might have.
The people behind the current military push in the middle east have more money than they could ever possibly hope to spend.

I mean don't/didn't you feel exploited?

RegularJoe
9/12/2007 2:41pm,
It's the method of insinuating that war is "cool" and "fun" and "exciting", that scares me.

This kind of propaganda is encouraging our children to go off and get themselves killed, so teh people in charge can continue to promote their own interests. When I hear people saying that a slain soldier in Iraq is a "hero" it sets me off. I mean what is heroic about getting paid to let someone else exploit (and squander) your life so that they can further their own personal agendas?

Especially when the reason a lot of people join is because they are promoting this whole idea of "killing people is really cool".
A notable example is the U.S Air Force website
http://www.dosomethingamazing.com
Check out the one where they drop the cluster bombs(or whatever I dunno what kinda bombs they are).
Isn't that exciting? I mean you can kill people you don't even know en masse, and you wont even have to look them in the eye or hear their screams. Totally awesome!

Dude, grow a pair

Gezere
9/12/2007 7:07pm,
Nobody is going to dispute that :P

But still, i think joining the army because it is cool is a fantastically bad idea

(I served for a year in the FDF for what it's worth.)
The Army IS cool. Can't speak for anywhere else but the US Army allows pple to experience a lot that they wouldn't otherwise do. Will you face dangerous situations? YES its your Job. A cop risks his life everyday, especially DEA. They use similar recruiting methods. The job can be exciting and you can experience both the best and the worse that human beings have to offer. Your military career is what you make of it.

Gezere
9/12/2007 7:11pm,
B
The reported civilian casualties in Iraq are around 75,000 now. That is more than ten times the amount of Americans who've died in Iraq, and the world trade centers combined.
You do realize that most of the civilian deaths in Iraq are due more to them being killed by other muslims than by the US, right? It shouldn't count against us since they've been doing it for centuries already.

Anyways if you want to discuss this more take it to Sociocide, not here. There is already a thread on this exact subject.

Yrkoon9
9/12/2007 9:35pm,
The Army made a man out of me. I counted 16 or 17 more chest hairs since I joined!

Cassius
9/13/2007 1:14am,
You do realize that most of the civilian deaths in Iraq are due more to them being killed by other muslims than by the US, right? It shouldn't count against us since they've been doing it for centuries already.Clearly we are in the wrong here. No no no it doesn't matter what the political and religious climate is there, or who's really killing who. WE SHOULD JUST FOLLOW THE WHIM OF POPULAR OPINION, NO MATTER HOW ILL -INFORMED IT MAY BE. We should just halt the surge, pull completely out, and let that whole sociopolitical jenga tower take care of itself. If it falls over, the millions that will die because we did nothing, along with their never born offspring, will understand, right?