PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob here...

Infinite1
9/05/2007 11:23am,
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I was recently shown this site by my younger brother and by watching asia's instructional video...I have to say he spoke the TRUTH!!!! Oh man i was laughing so hard!!! :laughing6

Just a bit about me...I started like most in Karate then progressed to Kung Fool..At 26 I trained with a Genuine Shaolin Monk (PFFT..) for 4 yrs.....Some how i finally fell away from the mysticism of it all and went to something real. Muay Thai. Unfortunately for me I was diagnosed with Traumatic Glaucoma where I had to have a plastic tube implanted and can no longer spar...UGH!!!!

At any rate, that's enough of my rant....Thanks guys for creating a site that brings truth to what works and what doesn't. Great to meet everyone!!!

Infinite1

OmegaBot
9/05/2007 11:24am,
So Infinite1, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83).

PizDoff
9/05/2007 1:38pm,
Welcome to the forums.
Ouch! What happened to your eye?

Can you wrestle/grapple at all? Or is that too much of a risk?

Infinite1
9/05/2007 7:55pm,
Welcome to the forums.
Ouch! What happened to your eye?

Can you wrestle/grapple at all? Or is that too much of a risk?

Thanks for the welcome!

As far as my eye...Doctor can't really atribute it to martial arts totally. He thinks it 's a combination of things ex: Mom is diabetic, hit in the head with a baseball bat, playing tennis and got hit in the eye with a ball, and the stupid stupid "traditional" way of learning kung fu " without pads"(even though light sparring...i guess i didn't keep my hand up..hahah)

As far as wrestling/grappling the doctor advised not to as you're constantly vying for dominant position. He thinks as a partner puts me in a hold it may accidentally hit my eye and it could cause some complications. The doctor really wants me to quit but he says if I have to just hit the pads and no sparring :sad7::cry: and i know it's gonna kill me but what can you do? I may just have to ask what about with a face cage or something...haha

RunningDog
9/05/2007 8:02pm,
That sucks balls but sometimes stuff happens that's out of your control. Luckily there is a lot of other awesome stuff to do in the world that doesn't involve getting hit in the face. Yay world!

Welcome.

aaaargh
9/05/2007 8:12pm,
They make some pretty heavy duty glasses and goggles for sports ("rec specs," etc); maybe something like that would be acceptable.