PDA

View Full Version : noobintroduction

adetheautomator
9/03/2007 7:31pm,
Hey all.

I've never studied a MA, however it has always been something I've been interested in pursuing. I'm getting a bit older now (25) and I'm looking for a way to get into better shape and improve my mental and spiritual wellbeing in a non-faggy way.

That said, I'm looking into reputable schools in my area (Lehigh Valley, PA, USA). So far I've found a school that offers a Isshin Ryu Karate program, as well as an MMA program.

Cheers, and heres to no more of the giant noob/never posted before message!

BJJbot
9/03/2007 7:32pm,
We knew you could do it! adetheautomator posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

in sorte diabol
9/03/2007 7:43pm,
greetings.good choices out there,have you checked the database here for dojo reviews?as for isshin ryu i dont have any schools here that teach it so sorry.here in mpls its mostly tkd or american karate.and obout 5 shorin schools all claiming the best lineage blah blah blah.stay away from the "chi masters" out there.there a dime a dozen/little filtchers.as for getting back into shape just get out and do it/ have fun.train hard.cheers.

boondock lee
9/03/2007 9:43pm,
Just make sure its not a Mcdojo! Which it might be....................