PDA

View Full Version : Bad, Bad Tae Kwon Don't and Krotty Kicksomething or other

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Rock Ape
9/03/2007 12:08pm,
So, Me and Sochin were at a local company open day on Sunday, one of the "event attractions" was a demonstration of Tae Kwon Do/Kick Boxing.

As the group massed in the "arena" it was obvious we were about to be subjected to bullshido of insurmountable proportions... Kids in XMA gear, 12 year olds with black belts, multi-coloured pyjamas and belts ... oh my lord ... the multi-coloured belts.... My eyes were starting to bleed.

They started their demo with lots of kicking and punching.. lol.. well so they said.. all this activity accompanied with liberal 80's cobrakai stylee kiai..

The highlight of the demo for me especially was one kid in XMA gear, he was tasked to break a wood board held high, one student sitting on the shoulders of another... I immediately leaned over to Sochin and said.. "a quid if he misses" so.. the lad, a black belt - the ends of which were long enough to drag along the floor.. sized up the kick... stepped back.. then ran and launched a kicked.. and promptly missed the board ! As both his feet touched the floor, the guy holding the board between his hands immediately snapped it in two !!! Everyone clapped in appreciation, claret was now gushing from my eye sockets. As I gouged out my eyes to prevent myself from witnessing more of this Kiddie Krotty.

For parts of their demo I had to physically look away to stop myself from laughing out loud, one such section was the "self defence" portion... I'll hand over to Sochin who watched this unfortunate shite...

A picture or two to follow

sochin101
9/03/2007 12:58pm,
For parts of their demo I had to physically look away to stop myself from laughing out loud, one such section was the "self defence" portion... I'll hand over to Sochin who watched this unfortunate shite...

What? I'm signing up... satin balloon pants? Hammer Time!

Seriously, as amusing as it was, there was a definite dark side to this debacle.

There were small children taking full grown (fully compliant) adults down with fantasy wrist-locks.
These poor little mites genuinely believed they were being taught effective techniques.

There were also the ubiquitous (and deadly) knife defence drills that were deadly... to the defender. Again, these were being demonstrated as workable and valid.

Oh, and I also forgot... baseball bat defence? Rising headblock kiiiiappppppeee!!! Actually, this did work... on the foam baseball bat that was used.

They were enthusiastic but dangerously clueless.

Rock Ape
9/03/2007 1:01pm,
Oh.. and you owe me a quid mate..

sochin101
9/03/2007 1:06pm,
Oh.. and you owe me a quid mate.. I had a quid, but I spent it on a sammitch...

suck muh nutz

Ke?poFist
9/03/2007 1:16pm,
Fucking Red Coats....

sochin101
9/03/2007 1:25pm,
Fucking Red Coats....These ones?
http://www.candoo.com/ncot/plattsburgh/plattsburghpic02/redcoats.jpg

or these ones?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/angelagooch/lights_6.jpg

either way, why do you want to f*ck them?

Rock Ape
9/03/2007 2:13pm,
Dude the clown was far more martially orientated than the Krotty

sochin101
9/03/2007 2:16pm,
But she had a less flamboyant costume...

The_Tao
9/03/2007 2:17pm,
People who support, promote or condone crap like that need to be removed from the gene pool

Rock Ape
9/03/2007 2:23pm,
People who support, promote or condone crap like that need to be removed from the gene poolWell that's 99% of people over at MAP then.

AMH
9/03/2007 2:25pm,
What is a quid?

The_Tao
9/03/2007 2:25pm,
Well that's 99% of people over at MAP then.

shall we start the MAPocide then?

Rock Ape
9/03/2007 2:26pm,
What is a quid? a slang word for one pound stirling.. Like you guys saying a "buck"

sochin101
9/03/2007 2:27pm,
What is a quid?
About 2 dollars crammed into one little tiny coin...

Rock Ape
9/03/2007 2:27pm,
shall we start the MAPocide then?Yep right there with you mate... I have several people there on my ****-list.

AMH
9/03/2007 2:29pm,
Oh,.. I though it was a ***** fart. Wait, thats a quief.
You guys had me nervous for a second.