PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to thank Omega for saving my life tonight.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

King Sleepless
9/01/2007 6:03am,
So tonight I was visiting a friend in need when I see this guy who was sitting in front of her house. I stop my car and I sit there for a second judging the situation. He looked really kind of nervous and was just kind of looking at me.

So I calmly got out of my car and put my hand on my knife...

Now a few months ago when I had my last fight, Omega was telling me something about the knife training that he gives his students, that if they feel they are in danger, it is best to just confront the guy and seem like you know what you're doing. For some reason, the entire time, this stuck in my head.

This guy was about the same size and build of Cassius, so about 6'3" and probably about 240lbs, he had a backpack on so I couldn't really tell and I was under a street light. Anyway, he comes up to me and says, "Hey you got a smoke?"

"Sorry man, I don't smoke."

"Well you have 40 seconds to get a smoke before I smash your face in with this metal plate." And he showed me the metal plate thing he had in his hand. I could see he was high as a fucking kite (God I fucking hate meth heads) and he was tweaking the **** out.

He's counting down as I try to calm him down. I remember saying things like, "Hey man, if you want, I'll go get you one." and he just kept counting down.

And that one thought of Omega telling me that story about one of his students who was being followed just stuck in my head. So when he reached about 10 seconds, I pulled my knife out and said, "Alright, asshole, you want to go?" And pretended like I knew what I was doing. He backed up enough for me to get into my car, start it and drive off. But as I did, he ran forward and punched my window with the plate. What a fucking idiot. So I call the cops and I turn around and follow him in my car from about 100 yards while on the phone with the cops. He approaches another couple who are outside of their house and I start honking and yelling at them to go inside. The operator on the phone is freaking out as I'm telling her that this guy is approaching a woman and asking if I should go stop him with my knife. But the people got inside and the guy walked away. I stopped to make sure they were alright and eventually the cops came running down and asked me which way he went and I pointed them in the right direction.

Seriously Omega, thank you. I know you didn't do anything, but I really think that saved my life tonight. I think that even if I had to cut him, he probably wouldn't have gone down immediately because he was much bigger, my knife is really just a box cutter knife blade looking thing, and he was probably on Meth. He probably would've smashed that plate into something and that something being me.

Thanks again.

Lujke
9/01/2007 6:14am,
Scary stuff, when people are out of it like that. Congrats on still being with us.

King Sleepless
9/01/2007 6:32am,
For a second I seriously thought about just stabbing the guy and taking him down, because I didn't know if I could close my door and lock it fast enough and it would put me at a disadvantage and I didn't want to give my back to him.

But then I realized he was probably high on meth (this town is notorious for meth, in fact, Fresno is one of the highest contributors of meth in the world!) so even if I stabbed him a few times, unless I cut some major tendons or something, he would've still kept going most likely until he bled out. Then I'd have the death of a man on my conscience for the rest of my life.

Askari
9/01/2007 7:48am,
Are you friends with a large rotund gentleman, and self-proclaimed writer, who carries a flashlight? (Who's name shall not be spoken)

sochin101
9/01/2007 7:55am,
Are you friends with a large rotund gentleman, and self-proclaimed wanker, who carries a fleshlight? (Who's name shall not be spoken)
Me and Sushi are cool, but I wouldn't say friends, necessarily...:evil4:

Lebell
9/01/2007 8:13am,
God i hate people like that, we got them here aswell.
recently more homeless drunk people.

Why didnt you get in the car and then drive over him?
Call the cops, tell him: i was driving and this guy just jumped before my car, he must have been high or something, then they'll check his blood and no problem for you.
just a suggestion for the next time! ;-)

I don't mind those people who are high because sometimes you can do some seriously kinky **** with them not even animals allow,and they dont remember anyway!

bobyclumsyninja
9/01/2007 8:18am,
glad you're ok, I hate fucking meth heads....I'll not be moving back to Oregon any time soon. Too much speed. At least in Boston, it's mostly drunks.

kwoww
9/01/2007 8:46am,
Nice job not getting killed.

partyboy
9/01/2007 8:57am,
Great way of handling the situation... just be glad he didn't have a weapon too, like a gun.

Lebell
9/01/2007 9:16am,
Nice job not getting killed.

or raped...he looks kinda girly and this guy was high..god knows what could have happened if the guy got backmount on him.

Omega Supreme
9/01/2007 9:38am,
So tonight I was visiting a friend in need when I see this guy who was sitting in front of her house. I stop my car and I sit there for a second judging the situation. He looked really kind of nervous and was just kind of looking at me.

So I calmly got out of my car and put my hand on my knife...

Now a few months ago when I had my last fight, Omega was telling me something about the knife training that he gives his students, that if they feel they are in danger, it is best to just confront the guy and seem like you know what you're doing. For some reason, the entire time, this stuck in my head.

This guy was about the same size and build of Cassius, so about 6'3" and probably about 240lbs, he had a backpack on so I couldn't really tell and I was under a street light. Anyway, he comes up to me and says, "Hey you got a smoke?"

"Sorry man, I don't smoke."

"Well you have 40 seconds to get a smoke before I smash your face in with this metal plate." And he showed me the metal plate thing he had in his hand. I could see he was high as a fucking kite (God I fucking hate meth heads) and he was tweaking the **** out.

He's counting down as I try to calm him down. I remember saying things like, "Hey man, if you want, I'll go get you one." and he just kept counting down.

And that one thought of Omega telling me that story about one of his students who was being followed just stuck in my head. So when he reached about 10 seconds, I pulled my knife out and said, "Alright, asshole, you want to go?" And pretended like I knew what I was doing. He backed up enough for me to get into my car, start it and drive off. But as I did, he ran forward and punched my window with the plate. What a fucking idiot. So I call the cops and I turn around and follow him in my car from about 100 yards while on the phone with the cops. He approaches another couple who are outside of their house and I start honking and yelling at them to go inside. The operator on the phone is freaking out as I'm telling her that this guy is approaching a woman and asking if I should go stop him with my knife. But the people got inside and the guy walked away. I stopped to make sure they were alright and eventually the cops came running down and asked me which way he went and I pointed them in the right direction.

Seriously Omega, thank you. I know you didn't do anything, but I really think that saved my life tonight. I think that even if I had to cut him, he probably wouldn't have gone down immediately because he was much bigger, my knife is really just a box cutter knife blade looking thing, and he was probably on Meth. He probably would've smashed that plate into something and that something being me.

Thanks again.

You're welcome but you could have just called me. You're the third person that has utilized this strategy.

vigilus
9/01/2007 10:27am,
Then I'd have the death of a man on my conscience for the rest of my life.

A man who seconds before was about to smash you with a metal plate, probably killing you.

Good on you for warning the other couple. Takes humility coming to this place of jackles and not beefing up your story. Probably saved that womans life.

Personally (I'd like to think) I would have tried to stop him, up to and including hitting him with my car. (in which case being the US he would have sued my ass off)
My way of thinking is that he could turn around and kill someone and that's not something I'd want on my conscience (whole peter parker uncle ben syndrome).
But that's me sitting from the saftey of my house too.

Did he break your window?

SFGOON
9/01/2007 12:07pm,
You should have stabbed him just above his groin.

And twisted the knife a few times.

Snake Plissken
9/01/2007 12:23pm,
Good job on keeping your head.

Most importantly good job on noticing the visible threat others were in and difusing the situation without putting yourself in further jepordy.

It is Fake
9/01/2007 12:32pm,
Wow you need to move. Your **** gets stolen and now this.

Much respect for following the guy. Many people would've gone into their houses and let the cops find the prick.

Like the recent possible rape in the news. Cameras captured it all as people walked by and looked out of doors and did nothing.

Much props.

Lebell
9/01/2007 12:33pm,
Wow you need to move. Your **** gets stolen and now this.

Much respect for following the guy. Many people would've gone into their houses and let the cops find the prick.

Like the recent possible rape in the news. Cameras captured it all as people walked by and looked out of doors and did nothing.

Much props.

is it on youtube?