PDA

View Full Version : TKD OWNS MT! The ax message boards need our help!

Pages : [1] 2

colonelpong2
8/30/2007 10:55pm,
Found this on the ax message boards at

http://message.axkickboxing.com/index.phtml?action=dispthread&topic=22324&junk=1188473845.48004

thisis the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL9ZXos8LfQ

The ax poster who discovered it asks

"Of course this will start something and that's what I want. I want to read what you all have to say about this video. Is it real? Or is it just some poor lump of **** in MT shorts?
"

Opinions guys? Please dont let this be real.

Its a sign of the apocalypse. The clouds shall roll back and the lightening shalt crashl, the seas will boil and be as blood and it shall come to pass that a TKD clown will beat the living snot out of an MT guy in the ring.

Uri Shatil
8/30/2007 11:53pm,
I don't get it... what's so terrible about a video coming around to challenge your opinion? Is it so hard to believe that someone training an art that you've labeled poor can come around and beat someone who trains an art that you highly esteem? "Please don't let this be real?" How about "Wow, this is interesting, I never though TKD could be used to such effect." You saw him in their utilizing all his strong points; using his flexibility and ability to do rapid combinations of kicks.

They video is in Korean. In Korea, you will find good TKD.

In what you're saying, you're being extremely cosed-minded. It's just like that video a while ago of an Aikibudo guy fairing well against a Muay Thai guy. He did some aikido-style leg sweeps and things. By rejecting the video, and vegging that it's not real, you're exhibiting incredible closed-mindedness.

Good video.

Uri Shatil
8/30/2007 11:55pm,
Also, if you look around YouTube a little longer, you'll notice that there are plenty of videos of TKD in K-1 and other events. Maybe you should check some of those out?

Edit: Just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJlpLnbE00 . While the TKD guy didn't win, it was a hard fight against a 7-5 K1 kickboxer that went into an extra round. Maybe you should reconsider your previous judgments.

Kid Miracleman
8/30/2007 11:59pm,
Wasn't this video already debunked as fake/staged a long time ago? It's definitely old... in fact, I think it was posted in the Video forum a while back.

Uri Shatil
8/31/2007 12:04am,
Still, the Park Yong Soo vs Kaoklai Kaennorsing says something. And the stubborness of the original post just really pissed me off.

colonelpong2
8/31/2007 12:19am,
Still, the Park Yong Soo vs Kaoklai Kaennorsing says something. And the stubborness of the original post just really pissed me off.

dude, sense of humour.... the fact that I was suggesting that the world was about to end in flame and blood as a result of this should have suggested that there was a certain amount of tongue in cheek involved. :5bullwhip

Uri Shatil
8/31/2007 12:21am,
Actually, if you look at the post on the ax boards, there is no humor. That's the post I was talking about.

Edit: Actually, I was kinda talking about both.

fanatical
8/31/2007 7:42am,
This is a TKD beats Muay Thai video

It is made of fake and old.

Aikicat
8/31/2007 8:59am,
If you look down the related videos box for this vid, you'll find a bunch of videos of MT guys beating TKD guys senseless. Maybe that'll be you feel better?

I dunno. Don't sweat about it too much.

kwoww
8/31/2007 10:13am,
This is a TKD beats Muay Thai video

It is made of fake and old.

I still don't see why you think it's fake.

Uri Shatil said the TKD guy didn't win, so it obviously wasn't worked. Yes, the way the highlight video is made glorifies TKD and implies that the MT guy was beaten senseless, but it is true: people really are opposed to the idea of good TKD existing. Kind of like people are opposed to the idea of bad Muay Thai, or bad BJJ.

Ronin.74
8/31/2007 11:09am,
I still don't see why you think it's fake.

Uri Shatil said the TKD guy didn't win, so it obviously wasn't worked. Yes, the way the highlight video is made glorifies TKD and implies that the MT guy was beaten senseless, but it is true: people really are opposed to the idea of good TKD existing. Kind of like people are opposed to the idea of bad Muay Thai, or bad BJJ.

The vid that Uri Shatil mentioned with the TKD guy losing is not the same as the vid in OP. Uri is referring to the Park Yong Soo, Kaernosing fight, where after several rounds Kaernosing won by decision.

The vid in the OP has been discussed before, probably a couple of years ago. I am pretty sure that someone in Korea or with Korea connections did some digging and discovered that the fight was a work. The "Muay Thai" fighter was in fact a TKD guy dressed like a MT fighter with the idea to show that TKD would own MT. It was an attempt to make TKD look superior for the Korean spectators.

Any fights held in Korea where a Korean TKD fighter completely owns any other style is always suspect in my opinion. I know that several fights are worked for the sake of having a Korean advance to the final, specifically K-1.

Vince Tortelli
8/31/2007 11:13am,
Didn't cro-cop throw a whole bunch of axe kicks (TKD move) when he fought Mark Hunt in Pride? Of course, he did lose that fight, so perhaps that is not the evidence of TKD working that we're looking for here.

mrblackmagic
8/31/2007 11:20am,
Enter the bald master in 5......4.............3.....2

Ronin.74
8/31/2007 1:51pm,
Enter the bald master in 5......4.............3.....2

I too am surprised he is not here yet. I think he now spends more time in the style forums trying to keep the KMA board from becoming a giant clusterfuck. He'll probably be along soon though.

Ryno
8/31/2007 2:37pm,
The "Muay Thai" fighter was in fact a TKD guy dressed like a MT fighter with the idea to show that TKD would own MT. It was an attempt to make TKD look superior for the Korean spectators.

Any fights held in Korea where a Korean TKD fighter completely owns any other style is always suspect in my opinion. I know that several fights are worked for the sake of having a Korean advance to the final, specifically K-1.

I was going to mention that the Muay Thai practitioner does look very Korean. Even he does train in Muay Thai, I'd guess due to numbers that there are a hell of a lot more good TKD fighters than Thai boxers in Korea. The guy looked afraid to be hit, and this isn't usually a trait that you see in competitive Thai boxers.

colonelpong2
8/31/2007 8:57pm,
Actually, if you look at the post on the ax boards, there is no humor. That's the post I was talking about.

Edit: Actually, I was kinda talking about both.

The only issue I have with ax is that they are very single topic focussed and have very little humour.

They even kept deleting the pics of Kyra Gracie i put up to try and lighten their lives