PDA

View Full Version : What's with the lava?

simarong
8/30/2007 8:54pm,
Well, just a question to start with. I'm a newbie here. Sima Rong is my Chinese name. I study Chinese, and have been to China. A few years ago I had a look at (well, one year of practice) in Xinyi Liuhe Quan in Shanghai. Shame I can't do it here in Christchurch NZ.

I have done a few years (ten or so) of Shorinji Kempo and will do some groundwork in future when I get more time, maybe some MMA training or Judo. Don't want to get the hang of rolling around on the ground, but just want to defend myself more effectively should I be taken down.

That's about it for the first post. I'll keep working on my jab now for posting in other areas. :) Greetings and bye for now.

BJJbot
8/30/2007 8:55pm,
Welcome to the Bullshido Forums simarong... Make sure you review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83) and add it to your user control panel so you can get the http://www.bullshido.net/images/dojoreview1.gif icon in your user info bar in your posts.

TKDBot
8/30/2007 8:55pm,
Welcome aboard, simarong! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

KaneElson
8/30/2007 9:00pm,
Well, just a question to start with. I'm a newbie here. Sima Rong is my Chinese name. I study Chinese, and have been to China. A few years ago I had a look at (well, one year of practice) in Xinyi Liuhe Quan in Shanghai. Shame I can't do it here in Christchurch NZ.

I have done a few years (ten or so) of Shorinji Kempo and will do some groundwork in future when I get more time, maybe some MMA training or Judo. Don't want to get the hang of rolling around on the ground, but just want to defend myself more effectively should I be taken down.

That's about it for the first post. I'll keep working on my jab now for posting in other areas. :) Greetings and bye for now.

What's the question ? o_O

jtkarate
8/30/2007 9:20pm,
Guess he was just saying Hi.....

simarong
8/30/2007 9:34pm,
I guess 'what's with the lava was my question' . Sorry if I confused you.

Boyd
8/30/2007 9:36pm,
It's a throwaway joke I made like four years ago that, much like Zach Braff, simply refuses to die.

jtkarate
8/30/2007 10:11pm,
No prob ...welcome ..

kwoww
8/30/2007 10:25pm,
It's a throwaway joke I made like four years ago that, much like Zach Braff, simply refuses to die.

ALL HAIL BOYD, LAVA MASTER.

I mean, welcome to Bullshido. Unfortunately the "I don't want to roll I just want to avoid rolling" argument probably won't go over too well on this forum, what with all the BJJ nut riders and anti-crapplers here. Make sure your skin is thick.

Think before you post, make sure you're ready to back up any claims you make, and don't be an ass. Kind of like in real life, except you can do it from the comfort of your living room. Naked. Covered in peanut butter and egg whites.

PizDoff
8/30/2007 10:31pm,
http://www.bullshido.org/martialarts/Lava

Yet the legend lives on.
It is a very effective over dramatization against proponent's of deadly street fighting who claimed that going to the ground was insta-death, therefore ground fighting should not be trained nor taught.

KaneElson
8/31/2007 12:12am,
Ahh sorry I didn't realise the title was the question.

Also I forgot to say welcome to Bullshido!
Just act respectfull to the more experienced members and generally don't say stupid stuff and you will be set !

Hope to see you around.

simarong
8/31/2007 12:57am,
Thanks all. Will bear the advice in mind & understand about the lava now. See you all later!