PDA

View Full Version : Thankful I found this site...

damodardas108
8/30/2007 5:47pm,
My name is Daniel. I have been a student of the martial arts for 4 years through the kung fu system known as Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kuen. I am very thankful I found this site. I am so sick of folks arguing over lineage, history (which has nothing to do with the realty of fighting) and who has the most effective traininng methods when they or their Sifu's/Instructors have never stepped foot in a ring or on a mat in a real fighting format. These folks only create more illusions.
I have had 4 full contact san shou fights in the last 2 years where I competed at the Taiji Legacy in Dallas Texas. Last year I place third in my division. Last month I won my first fight but could not continue due to an injury to my ribs. For this not familiar, San shou fighting is kicking, stricking, throws and take downs, sometimes they allow for a submission attempt but no ground and pound. Competitors fight with 14oz gloves, head gear and shin gaurds. So although there is protective gear and the complete ground game is not there san shou is still very much 'real' energy in combat.
I am here to represent myself only. My martail arts journey began as means for self improvment, physically, mentally and spiritually. So I must admit I value the philosophy and history of the system I train under. But most importantly I do recognise when it comes to the reality of fighting these aspects are irrelavent. It all comes down to understanding or having true awarness of the physics of time, space and energy.
I am working hard to arrange my life so that I can compete more in other 'real' fighting venues but with 4 kids, a marriage and a full time job it's tough.
Keep up the search for truth!!
PS. Thanks for shedding light on this Milton Wallace character: http://www.bullshido.com/articles/milton-wallace.html (http://www.bullshido.com/articles/milton-wallace.html)

Your Ever Well Wisher,
Daniel
Houston, TX

KungFuBot
8/30/2007 5:48pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, damodardas108, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

syberia
8/30/2007 6:09pm,
Hello! Welcome to Bullshido, props on you success in the fighting areas.

damodardas108
8/31/2007 10:37am,
KungFuBot,
I would never say that any of my experiences and ideas are 'unique' in any sense. After all we are talking about fighting human to human right, two hands and two feet used as weapons in combat, its a universal experience. This has been going in since the dawn of time, I doubt I have anything 'unique' to add to this forum. But you can make fun just the same, its your time. I am simply interested in having a resource that calls out all the BS that is out there in the martial arts community. The martail arts are exploding and there is a sucker born every second. I appreciate this forum because it appears to be part of the solution to keep folks from getting scammed.

Syberia,
Thanks for the props!

Your Ever Well Wisher,
Daniel

Sophist
8/31/2007 10:44am,
KungFuBot is an automated response system - a "bot". Its answer doesn't really have any bearing on your post.

Welcome, though. San Shou people are liked here. You may find some threads to interest you in the Chinese Martial Arts forum, and input from experienced fighters is always welcome in Strikeistan. And then of course there's the Your Martial Art Sucks forum - not to be taken seriously, strictly for comedy purposes only.

damodardas108
8/31/2007 11:53am,
Sophist,
Thanks for the clarification and direction on the forum.

OZZ
8/31/2007 12:05pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.