PDA

View Full Version : Hey people, newbie in between styles

McDXI
8/21/2007 11:29pm,
Heya folks,

So first off, I wanted to thank the bullshido team and all it's contributing fans for this website. It helped me get my head out of the clouds of bull **** flash and pomp MA and back down to real life.

(Quick summary of below) Quit kungfu: Scouted area, found a local boxing school and a russian sambo school. Looking for feedback on both.

With that said, A little background and a usual dilemma:

I'm a 22 year old retail worker still filled with piss and vinegar, with just under 2 years of martial arts experience under my belt. I trained in several chinese arts (Chinese kempo, Shuai Jiao, Baghua (sorta), S/N Shao'lin) and came away with great balance, good conceptualization of body movement, but sloppy fighting and nothing streamlined. I snuck off with some students in the school that had trained in prior styles (Krav maga being the most intense and fun) and now I get the occasional lessons from a few friends who have been bouncing in bars and competeing in tournies for a couple decades. I can never get enough rules-of-thumb but I'm looking for a new style. I've scoured my area for local schools and narrowed my search down to Two options:

Russian Sambo, Or Boxing?

Can any one provide info or feedback on these two in the way of street fighting and self defense?

GhostOfKimura
8/21/2007 11:30pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, McDXI. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.