Ke?poFist
8/18/2007 10:26am,
sweeeet

kwoww
8/18/2007 10:26am,
This is going to be good.

famoso
8/18/2007 10:30am,
If and when he fights Chuck, it will kida be like Tyson-Lewis, a few years too late, but it is pretty sweet.

sambosteve
8/18/2007 10:50am,
Silva/Chuck should be his first fight. Both coming off serious losses. Good comeback fight for them...besides that fact that we have been waiting too long for this fight.

myrmecophilous
8/18/2007 11:02am,
Except that chuck is fighting Jardine first. Assuming he destroys Jardine, they'll probably fight at the end-of-year show. (UFC 79 I think it is).

a little off topic.. Apparently Shogun asked to fight Tito Ortiz. Oh man would I ever like to see that fight...

Tenebrous
8/18/2007 11:29am,
Except that chuck is fighting Jardine first. Assuming he destroys Jardine, they'll probably fight at the end-of-year show. (UFC 79 I think it is).

a little off topic.. Apparently Shogun asked to fight Tito Ortiz. Oh man would I ever like to see that fight...

It would help him gain popularity with the american audience when he wins. He needs exposure to the tuf crowd.

famoso
8/18/2007 11:31am,
Silva will fight before the end of the year, but alot of the top light heavyweights are also fighting in the next few months.........Maybe Bonner?

Scott Larson
8/18/2007 11:47am,
I thought since pride was bought by UFC, all their fighters could be used by UFC. This isn't true?

famoso
8/18/2007 11:50am,
I thought since pride was bought by UFC, all their fighters could be used by UFC. This isn't true?

They bought the organization, but not the contracts the fighters have with the organization.

Shawarma
8/18/2007 12:03pm,
Wonder if he'll bulk up to HW for Couture or if Couture will drop down to LHW.

famoso
8/18/2007 12:09pm,
Wonder if he'll bulk up to HW for Couture or if Couture will drop down to LHW.

Randy might be a little to old to cut weight....my opinion.

Scott Larson
8/18/2007 2:32pm,
They bought the organization, but not the contracts the fighters have with the organization.

Right-O, Thanks.

So what is the status of Pride fighters, such as Cro Cop, Hendo, and Rampage? Or are they all signed with UFC now?

yodaman
8/18/2007 2:36pm,
Most of the individual contracts got voided by this big lawsuit, although the UFC picked up most of them on their own terms. The missing link is still Fedor, who tends to only sign 1 fight deals, something Dana would never agree to.

Anyways, this seems to be a bit late on the fact, all things considered.

meataxe
8/18/2007 3:54pm,
I wouldn't see Liddel vs. Silva happening all that soon. Too much chance of Chuck losing, IMHO. I suspect they want to feed him a couple of wins before they meet. I think it might be Silva vs. Rampage before Liddel vs. Silva ever happens.

selfcritical
8/18/2007 5:14pm,
With him not being champ, they really need to feed him a few people to destroy first.