PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!? Stupid Noob Question - PMs

krazy kaju
8/15/2007 6:16am,
So I was trying to PM a user who lives in Ann Arbor (I live in Plymouth, which is like 30-40 minutes away).

Anyways, there was a message saying that I didn't have the authorization to the action that I chose.

WTF?

Do I have to add him as a friend or something or what?

Thanks.

AikidoBot
8/15/2007 6:18am,
We knew you could do it! krazy kaju posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

slideyfoot
8/20/2007 4:19am,
So I was trying to PM a user who lives in Ann Arbor (I live in Plymouth, which is like 30-40 minutes away).

Anyways, there was a message saying that I didn't have the authorization to the action that I chose.

WTF?

Do I have to add him as a friend or something or what?

Thanks.
Nope, there's a minimum number of posts both you and the person you're PMing need to have before it works. I'd assume this user doesn't have enough yet, as I think its need to be at least 50 - not sure on the exact number, though.

This is presuming the system said something like "user has decided to switch off PMs", which is the message I get when I try to PM noobs (normally trying to get them to come to a throwdown because they're in the UK :icon_wink).