PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz, the greatest author of our generation

Pages : [1] 2

nameless44
8/14/2007 5:17pm,
The book, which will be titled “Bad Boy Makes Good,” is being published by Simon Spotlight Entertainment, a division of publishing giant Simon & Schuster. Using a contact in the publishing industry, UFCjunkie (www.ufcjunkie.com (http://www.ufcjunkie.com)) has learned that Ortiz probably received “at least a six-figure advance” payment for the book and he will actually do the majority of the writing.
The book, which is expected to clock in at 300 pages, is set for a tentative May 6, 2008 release.

It should be a how-to book. 'How to not finish top competition in half a decade and still suck down a half-million dollars per fight,' would be the perfect title. Step one, fight senior citizens. Step two, run your mouth incessantly. Step three? There is no step three!

And six figures for three hundred pages? Simon and Schuster's getting ripped off.

new2bjj
8/14/2007 7:15pm,
There was a time when he was the guy to beat, period. I think people buy books they don't read all the time. Look at all those Right Wing and Left Wing books. Do you think anyone has all that time to read that? No, they put them on their book shelf to show people what they really think, without having to say anything that might insult/offend anyone. Rush Limbaugh on the shelf, don't say anything about Bush- Al Franken, drop the Hilary cracks, now! The new book by Jim Norton- well, basically you're just saying you're stupid, but that's a whole other subject.

Roidie McDouchebag
8/14/2007 7:24pm,
Tito made MMA what it is today.

elipson
8/14/2007 7:39pm,
Ya Tito was the first new age MMA fighter. He dominated when he came into the game. Not to mention he sold a lot of tickets, still sells a lot of tickets, and was a big reason TUF was interesting at all.

And I don't think he was fighting senior citizens when he won the Belt.

nameless44
8/14/2007 9:20pm,
Ya Tito was the first new age MMA fighter. He dominated when he came into the game. Not to mention he sold a lot of tickets, still sells a lot of tickets, and was a big reason TUF was interesting at all.

And I don't think he was fighting senior citizens when he won the Belt.

Read, Comprehend, Post.

It should be a how-to book. 'How to not finish top competition in half a decade and still suck down a half-million dollars per fight,' would be the perfect title. Step one, fight senior citizens. Step two, run your mouth incessantly. Step three? There is no step three!

Was he pulling down a half million per fight with a PPV share when he held the belt?

I'm not denying Tito's had an a huge impact on MMA, nor am I saying that he's not extremely popular with the casual fan. What I am NOT saying is that Tito was never relevant. What I am saying is that Tito's not relevant now. He's not finished someone other than Ken Shamrock since his fight against Sinosic in 2001. He barely ekked out a decision against Griffin, and talks about having been hurt during training and how next time you will see the real Tito after EVERY SINGLE BAD PERFORMANCE. You'll hear the same thing if he loses against Rashad this next time.

In addition, having read his posts on the UG and to quote someone else, 'If you thought his girlfriend didn't have any dignity, just imagine how the English language will feel after this book is written.' There's no way that this is going to be written in any kind of interesting or compelling way.

Aikicat
8/14/2007 9:26pm,
Tito's a smart cat...he's good at talking, maybe he's good at writing too?

Fighting Cephalopod
8/14/2007 10:11pm,
Tito's a smart cat...he's good at talking, maybe he's good at writing too?

Hahahahahahah. A cursory glance at his posts on mma.tv should dispel this idea pretty quick.

Ashe
8/15/2007 1:18am,
But Tito DOES have a massive head. That alone is fascinating. His neck must be very strong indeed.

Sam Browning
8/15/2007 1:47am,
He'll probably have someone ghost write it for him.

bobyclumsyninja
8/15/2007 1:14pm,
There was a time when he was the guy to beat, period. I think people buy books they don't read all the time. Look at all those Right Wing and Left Wing books. Do you think anyone has all that time to read that?

A lot of people read them on the shitter. Reading about Bush makes me want to move MY bowels. Hopefully people have the sense and decorum to not then set them out on the dining room side table.

"interesting potpouri you've got here, what is that exactly?? smells tangy...":munky2::laughing1:laughing1:5headache

Vince Tortelli
8/15/2007 1:19pm,
If Eddie Bravo gets to put out a book where I have to slog through a hundred pages of "Weed is awesome! Smoke weed! It's like steroids for YOUR MIND!" to get to the sweeps from half-guard section, then Tito can publish whatever the heck he wants. I'll probably buy it once it comes out in paperback.

jkdbuck76
8/15/2007 4:01pm,
Chapter 6: Groundwork with Jenna

ToUnderstand
8/15/2007 7:14pm,
If the book is more fun to read than the I Chong ill buy it, but IMO nothing beats the I Chong!

Sam Browning
8/15/2007 8:31pm,
Kudos to Tito for presumably dodging the herp given that he was with Jenna. However, I'm not sure I would want him bleeding on anyone after where he's been, and who he's done.

Eldarbong
8/15/2007 10:47pm,
It can't be worse than this book:http://www.tias.com/stores/estar/pictures/hbfeoja.jpg

tsname
8/16/2007 12:11pm,
Kudos to Tito for presumably dodging the herp given that he was with Jenna. However, I'm not sure I would want him bleeding on anyone after where he's been, and who he's done.

Is it required for MMA fighters, or boxers even, to get a blood test before a fight? My friends said it was required when we were watching the Florian/Sherk fight.