PDA

View Full Version : Fear the mighty kung fu Cohen!

Lebell
8/08/2007 8:15am,
Hai Guiz, i was cruising on youtube and i came on this video, i don't think it has been posted before, it came along with this description....

Think what you will, but his is the best Tai Chi Master you'll ever find without a Chinese name! Trained by the WU Family, Lily Cohen has managed to distill the essence of Tai Chi/QiGong health benefits in these simple, stress free exercises. You can buy the whole DVD, but try these free exercises first, and watch them transform frozen joints into supple, pain free movements. Oh, and you guys can get on board and learn some real macho moves, too. Lily is a Martial Art Wu Style Sifu, who can slam most any Martial opponents in a quick minute. For THESE exercises,however, just breathe and relax! It's a slam-dunk'-) Now you know "The Secret" of attraction...attract this to yourself and your body/mind/spirit will be forever GREAT-FULL!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93N3DHwsLhk&NR

Lebell
8/08/2007 8:18am,
This is what i found out via the webz:

teacher background) Lily has studied Tai Chi for over 20 years. Her teachers
are Sifu Wu Kwong Yu (Eddie) and Sifu Gary Wragg, who is a disciple of the
Wu Family. She has had her own Wu Style Tai Chi Academy in Tel Aviv,
Israel for 10 years and travels to the United States and Europe to
conduct workshops for her company, The Cohen/Wells Group, Inc.

source: http://www.wfdesign.com/tc/t.htm

Also she is affiliated with thewaytowellnes.com
as can be read on this site: http://www.byregion.net/cgibin/users/profiles.pl?username=lwellsnyc

i call bs big time.
The woman of the last site who lily cohen is affiliated with is a 'time line therapist'
I wonder in what timeline she bills her consults.

Lujke
8/08/2007 10:09am,
i call bs big time.
The woman of the last site who lily cohen is affiliated with is a 'time line therapist'
I wonder in what timeline she bills her consults.

Just for the record, timeline therapy is a vaguely creditable offshoot of NLP. So, not a completely kosher and mainstream therapy, but probably not quite as hokey as it sounds, either.

Among other things, it provides some structured ways of reviewing past memories. These can be useful for working with a person's memories of past events which continue to adversely impact on the person's functioning in the present.

I know that many people on here also discredit NLP, so that won't be much of a defence of timeline therapy in their minds.

EDIT: I probably should have said Timeline Therapy (TM)

Lampa
8/08/2007 10:21am,
From what I've read, NLP seems like someone loaded up the first few sentences of some fairly credible linguistic theory article (something by Bakhtin, or Fish, or Bruffee) and shot it out of the crazy cannon into loco-town and put a psycho-analytical spin on it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if someone cross-references enough obscure disciplines together, most people won't know enough to tell the difference between a genious, a con man, or a lunatic. It's how people sell bullshido training to the "average" person and the technique seems alive and well for any time you want to take people's money and give them nothing.

Also, lol tai chi.

Lebell
8/08/2007 10:30am,
i found this part the most amusing:

Oh, and you guys can get on board and learn some real macho moves, too. Lily is a Martial Art Wu Style Sifu, WHO CAN SLAM MOST ANY Martial opponents IN A QUICK MINUTE. For THESE exercises,however, just breathe and relax!