PDA

View Full Version : systema, as silly as ever - Mikhail Ryabko Systema workshop July 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Kungfoolss
8/04/2007 3:53am,
http://uk.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKAAuhxR6bM

I especially enjoy the stopping a tackle with just a simple hook punch technique 1:58

Yes, that will work every time....:eusa_thin

aaaargh
8/04/2007 3:13pm,
It is hard to take Systema at all seriously with this stuff floating around out there, no matter how much people insist that the school they train at doesn't do this compliant stuff.

Das Moose
8/04/2007 3:31pm,
THIS IS NOT A CHALLENGE

Are there any systema folk around northern ireland I could have a friendly meet up and spar with?

Abusivemelon
8/04/2007 3:37pm,
Either the uke's are paid actors or they are so brainwashed they just react. I love the satisfied smirk on the fat guys face when he sends another guy flailing weakly to the floor with minimal contact.

SFGOON
8/04/2007 3:58pm,
Kungfools - sincere question. Did you live in the Soviet Union or are you close to someone who did? Maybe that someone (or yourself) was an outspoken dissident and perhaps suffered under the regime?

I ask because there's way funnier videos out there, but you're oddly preoccupied with systema. There's a bitterness to you that goes beyond "LULZ systema = t3h gh3y!!! LULZ!!!" Your raw cynicism seems a touch slavic, so I'm curious.

The alternative being you're just a magnificent asshole, under which circumstances I applaud your focus and dedication.

Kungfoolss
8/05/2007 12:33am,
Kungfools - sincere question. Did you live in the Soviet Union or are you close to someone who did? Maybe that someone (or yourself) was an outspoken dissident and perhaps suffered under the regime?

Nah, I just hate commies and former commies. Especially the fat tubby ones.

I ask because there's way funnier videos out there, but you're oddly preoccupied with systema. There's a bitterness to you that goes beyond "LULZ systema = t3h gh3y!!! LULZ!!!" Your raw cynicism seems a touch slavic, so I'm curious.

The alternative being you're just a magnificent asshole, under which circumstances I applaud your focus and dedication.

I'm just stopping the hate. You know, like, give that peace thing a chance...know what I'm saying?

rw4th
8/05/2007 1:49am,

I think he's just going for easy laugh. Posting systema videos is like making of two retards trying to have sex: it's always funny, but it's a cheap laugh.

eyebeams
8/05/2007 3:31am,
It's because he does SCARS, which by marketing is the USAian counterpart of Systema, and is thus at the front line of a retarded cold war.

Schwarde
8/06/2007 7:56am,
Hooray Kungy's back... now we're really in for some enlightenment...
There is actually a review of this seminar posted by maddog: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57401

Bear1980
8/06/2007 8:06am,
Ive always beleived that a good punch comes from a solid connection with the ground.
So your Hip & Elbow connection play a big part in power generation. These guys all seem to punch with their elbows way out almost horizontal to their shoulders?

Surely you cant generate a good strike like this!!

jkdbuck76
8/06/2007 11:15am,
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Systema = Russian Kuk Sool.

systemavin
8/10/2007 7:22am,
Relaxation of the shoulder and letting the arm move naturally (slight bend in the arm, at the elbow) can just be as important, and just as devastating. I hope this of use to you.

vin

Don Gwinn
8/10/2007 7:58am,
Just remember:

1 That is not the r34l Systema.

2. That is not the r34l Ryabko.

3. Ryabko does not have the r34l Systema.

4. You've never seen the r34l Systema, and now that they've seen how cynical and judgmental you are, you never will. Please focus on growing as a person and a martial artist.

5. That video camera only attended one Systema video, and I heard it had zero martial arts experience. YOu can't expect a video camera to show the true Systema without the knowledge and experience to interpret what it is recording properly.

Now don't you all feel stupid?

Nickeroon1987
8/10/2007 8:30am,
Ive always beleived that a good punch comes from a solid connection with the ground.
So your Hip & Elbow connection play a big part in power generation. These guys all seem to punch with their elbows way out almost horizontal to their shoulders?

Surely you cant generate a good strike like this!!

My friend does some Systema. Basically, when he does this punch, he's throwing the weight of his arm into the punch as well by relaxing his arm. It's pretty nifty, but I don't think it'd be good in a ring fight. Maybe used as a surprise or a sucker punch?

Heffy
8/10/2007 10:02am,
Systema is one of those things that has a lot of useful stuff in it, but is easy for people to just overlook. It isn't something I would do exclusively, but I can appreciate what they do. The systema people that share our space with us seem better prepared than most.

RobG
8/10/2007 10:37am,
I know that not every Systema person is as prepared as stated..no more than any percentage of any martial study is really prepared.
The difference - to me - is that a student can go to study for whatever they wish - Vlad and Misha are pretty damn selective about who they allow to pass on Systema openly.
\
Still, in seminars - or sessions - you can easily find those as frickin non-connecting to the usefull-ness of this method - like I have seen in many previous methods studied - all the wanna be people. In Systema - we call them the 't-shirt collectors'...the one's that show up the t-shirts for various methods -even our method - but can not do even decent basics.

I have never been a BJJ-er - but have learned from those that grace the Gracies - I learned how to get a few things like a fairly decent cross choke and arm bar and triangle and a better understanding of mount and reverse - but in that art - I am a dabbler. I am more a striker than a grappler.

IF you go to a good MT or MMA or BJJ school - you will find the collectors there too.

It is not the art that makes the person...the martial artist.

IT IS the depth of effort they put into it...and now, after preaching to the choir - I am out, for now.