PDA

View Full Version : How do defend street thugs?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SFC
8/02/2007 6:26pm,
So I'm new here and actually came on because I was looking for information on TFT. I have bought several of their products but haven't really used them because I have not been able to find a training partner. It was recommended to me by someone who does security details in Iraq, or claims to have.

The point of my post isn't to talk abut TFT persay because I have read every single post in this thread and have a very clear idea of what everyone who has contributed thinks of the concept.

Rather, I am interested in what you guys think are viable ways to train for street violence brought on by criminals?

Thanks...

Side question, how do you become able to PM people on this forum?

Tom Kagan
8/02/2007 6:29pm,
Culled from:
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32343&page=4

Aaack! I meant to put this in YMAS.

Metafour
8/02/2007 6:44pm,
Learn how to knife fight and carry one on you at all times.

Invader_Chris
8/02/2007 7:32pm,
Best tips I've ever heard were to avoid making yourself an easy victim. Such as not walking around with your Ipod blasting, stay observant, maybe don't walk down that back alley where questionable persons are known to hang out. Other then that, learn how to go from zero to violent very quickly and start working your sprints.

The_Tao
8/02/2007 7:34pm,
Learn how to knife fight and carry one on you at all times.

or a good old .45 :qleft1:

G8
8/02/2007 7:42pm,
don't be an asshole. don't hang out with assholes. don't hang at out places where assholes congregate.

problem 99.5% solved.

patfromlogan
8/02/2007 8:02pm,
I'd punch the makiwara at least a thousand times a day, until your hands look like this and you can **** people up.
http://www.geocities.com/sadenoo2/knuckles3.jpg

Nickeroon1987
8/02/2007 9:15pm,
I'd punch the makiwara at least a thousand times a day, until your hands look like this and you can **** people up.
http://www.geocities.com/sadenoo2/knuckles3.jpg

They look like mushrooms sprouting out of his fist.

Virus
8/02/2007 9:29pm,
I'd actually recommend a combination of wing chun and aikido.

Edit: Bujinkan is pretty good as well.

FilipinoNinja
8/02/2007 10:14pm,
WEAR CLEATS THEN KICK THEM IN THE BALLS!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

...knives are good too...i guess...:eusa_thin

SFGOON
8/02/2007 10:44pm,
Find a slow buddy to hang out with. You don't have to outrun the thugs, you just have to outrun him.
:walk:

Joe Doggs
8/02/2007 11:47pm,
Find a slow buddy to hang out with. You don't have to outrun the thugs, you just have to outrun him.
:walk:
The old backpackers Bear defence adapted for the street. I like it. I hear dropping any food you have works well also LOL

SFGOON
8/02/2007 11:57pm,
Wrong place I know, but this thread is retarded anyways.

A friend of mine owns some sort of quarry in the middle of nowhere. He and his three business partners go out to mine the ore and have a cabin they stay in. The problem was, there was a bear they would feed despite my buddies' warnings. The thing actually came to the front door, would scratch on it, and they'd feed him whatever scraps they had.

So one day my buddy is wasted at night in the cabin and hears the scratching. He opens the door and there's the bear up on his hind legs begging. His friends scramble to find something to feed it.

My buddy punches the bear in the nose then runs out the back door.

The now enraged bear follows him into the cabin and starts ripping it to shreds. His friends, the three stooges run outdoor into the perpetual Alaskan twilight in their undies and watch as the bear destroys their living quarters.

Do you know how cold it is in Alaska in your undies during June at 11pm? I do....

M1K3
8/03/2007 7:33am,
I have found that hiding in the basement, drinking large amounts of cheap vodka, watching Simpsons and Matrix reruns and keeping a loaded shotgun on my lap works for me.

Oh yeah, don't take your meds either.

Oh yeah, and listen to the voices. They are your friends, they will help you.

cyrijl
8/03/2007 7:41am,
Where the hell are these people living where there are bands of unarmed street thugs engaging in one on one unarmed combat? AND they have a reliable internet connection.

Schwarde
8/03/2007 9:00am,
Oh yeah, and listen to the voices. They are your friends, they will help you.
:laughing9