PDA

View Full Version : Hi Kung Fu is almost dead

kungfukid1
7/28/2007 1:26am,
i believe true kung fu is dead or almost dead. there are still some true grandmasters out there like Lily Lau and her northern eagle claw system, but the fact that China has on several occassions banned kung fu only destroyed this powerful martial arts system more. especially during the cultural revolution where kung fu masters were forced to flee to taiwan and hong kong. For the people who think there is such thing as shaolin monks, they're just wushu kids there to attract tourists for money.

the reason i'm doing kung fu is because i actually am training under a true grandmaster Lily Lau who has true lineage to the northern eagle claw system. and i'm chinese which also makes me want to do kung fu even more.

I choose to do kung fu because i am extremely lucky to be in the presence of a true grandmaster, Lily Lau, who has true lineage to the northern eagle claw system. She unlike other kung fu schools knows the unaltered or least altered chin woo forms taught to all styles of kung fu as long as they were in the chin woo association. many peopel think they know chin woo, but really don't. That's why at every single kung fu tournament she is the head judge. Then there's the eagle claw system which has clear movements and a lot of kicks. plus the 108 Chin Na (grappling) techniques. i however only know 20 Chin Na techniques. i must admit thought some of them would practically never work in a real situation because although the technique makes sense it's too hard to pull off in that fraction of a second you have before you get knocked out.

Chin Woo is spelled many ways (Jing Mo, Jing Woo, Ching woo)

hoodedmonk
7/28/2007 1:52am,
you should post this in ymas you will get more response. Anyway welcome to bullshido.

Virus
7/28/2007 7:21am,
you should post this in ymas you will get more response. Anyway welcome to bullshido.

Seconded.

sochin101
7/28/2007 7:28am,
Hmmmm... a post that even the 'Bot didn't respond to...
Or did it get moved already?

Scott Larson
7/28/2007 7:58am,
I don't think she would like you talking so much about her.

Omega Supreme
7/28/2007 11:55am,
i believe true kung fu is dead or almost dead. there are still some true grandmasters out there like Lily Lau and her northern eagle claw system, but the fact that China has on several occassions banned kung fu only destroyed this powerful martial arts system more. especially during the cultural revolution where kung fu masters were forced to flee to taiwan and hong kong. For the people who think there is such thing as shaolin monks, they're just wushu kids there to attract tourists for money.

the reason i'm doing kung fu is because i actually am training under a true grandmaster Lily Lau who has true lineage to the northern eagle claw system. and i'm chinese which also makes me want to do kung fu even more.

Kid you're a fucking moron. Stop talking out your ass. Eagle Claw from that lineage is prety much crap. Congratulations on failing your first test.

Scott Larson
7/28/2007 12:09pm,
OMEGA'D!!

CX1329
7/28/2007 12:10pm,
I come from an Eagle Claw kwoon too, but we don't use much from the system at all during our fighting classes. Just the footwork, which is extremely basic and has nothing flashy at all, the kicks, and clinch moves that work in a pressure situation. We take our punching from Muay Thai.

You need to spar more.

It is Fake
7/28/2007 12:34pm,
Sorry been doing some clean up. I moved 2 posts from the CMA forum here and Omega merged them.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56142