PDA

View Full Version : Master Sasaki - BBC reports on the power of the kiai

Pages : [1] 2

isol8d
7/18/2007 9:43am,
saw this on Rocketboom yesterday, several people on Digg recommended this site to see other frauds.

KIAI! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZjHAijc0k)

Master Sasaki implies his kiai can stop a sword wielding attacker, his master killed birds with a kiai, and he can ring a temple bell with his mighty yell.

Ryno
7/18/2007 10:11am,
Give me the sword and let me try. Even a stick for that matter.

SevSB
7/19/2007 6:40pm,
I cant still this type of crap, its just like the one MA teacher who thought he could knock people out with his chi energy because it worked on his own students (they bullshitted or they believe it enough for it to work) , and then he tried it on bjj students and nothing happened.

The_Tao
7/19/2007 6:52pm,
who knows, he could be for real. it's probably not but it could be.

colonelpong2
7/19/2007 7:29pm,
what uter crap! It also has a link to this loser again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

Necroth
7/20/2007 3:16am,
Check the rest of the video out. Ass. Handed. To. Him.

What a cruel thing to do to a guy...making him think he can knock you out. I'm talking about the students who went along with it.

hpr
7/20/2007 6:05am,
I'd love to see this guy's baffled face when a dude throws a basketball in it like they did with the other Japanese Ki-master (or whatever)..

cyril
7/20/2007 7:46am,
While certain aspects are possible. A bell ringing, a glass shattering, etc., the guy not being able to attack because of his voice is unlikely.

I didn't pay much attention in Astronomy class, so bear with me, but we did talk about how an opera singer can make a glass shatter if she matches her pitch with the inherent fluctuating wave of the object. This would help explain why he can make a temple bell sound, possibly.

But I could always just be talking out of my ass. I'm very good at that.

cyrijl
7/20/2007 7:48am,
lol, a guy had a name similar to mine...

i just logged on, saw my name and thought "WTF"?

maddog
7/20/2007 11:00am,
Seen the bell demo on some documentary that I cannot remember the name of. As the master shouted he stamped his foot. The floor was wooden with tatami over them. The bell stood on the tatami about 8 feet away.

It struck me at the time that it was probably the stamp that rang the bell.

The_Tao
7/20/2007 11:24am,
your saying that he could ring the bell by stomping? I doubt it, it's a ways away and you have to be able to stomp really hard for it to work

Lujke
7/20/2007 11:48am,
your saying that he could ring the bell by stomping? I doubt it, it's a ways away and you have to be able to stomp really hard for it to work

... or you'd have to have a little gimmick set up under the tatami. I'm sure he wouldn't be deliberately cheating, though. Would he?

It is Fake
7/20/2007 11:50am,
Then he shouldn't have to stomp at all.

The ringing got quieter the farther he got a way hmmmmm?????/

twotonedSKAzn
7/20/2007 2:16pm,
I think it's a setup. There's no logical reason that someone could be stunned like simply through vocal cords.

WhiteShark
7/20/2007 2:51pm,
Does anyone have a link to the no touch knockout guy that was debunked on BBC by a British hypnotist and a female reporter?

Thaiboxerken
7/20/2007 3:15pm,
who knows, he could be for real. it's probably not but it could be.

No, he can't. There is no such energy as ki. Humans cannot yell loud enough to cause sonic vibrations that can stop swords or kill birds. These are the facts.