PDA

View Full Version : 5-year old Shows Promising RBSD Future

PizDoff
7/05/2007 12:44am,
Boy, 5, pins rabid fox during North Carolina family cookout, protects brother

Wed Jul 4, 12:47 PM

KINGSTOWN, N.C. (AP) - A quick-thinking five-year-old boy grabbed a rabid fox by the neck and pinned it to the ground during a family cookout in North Carolina, protecting six other children before his stepfather could step in.

"I wanted to protect my little brother," Rayshun McDowell, who battled the animal in the front yard of his home, told the Charlotte Observer in an interview posted on the newspaper's website Tuesday.

The fox bit Rayshun in the leg Sunday in Kingstown, a town about 80 kilometres west of Charlotte.

But the 61-pound boy held the animal down for more than a minute.

"I looked out the window and Rayshun had the fox by the neck and was pushing it into the ground," said his mother, Shinda Linder. "I couldn't believe what I was seeing."

Rayshun's stepfather, Ryan Thompson, pulled the boy off the animal and kicked it. A neighbour fired a handgun three times but the fox continued to advance.

Thompson, wearing a cast because of a broken leg, said he used a stick and his crutch to beat the fox to death.

Animal control officials said Tuesday that test results confirmed the fox had rabies, which is fatal unless treated before symptoms appear. Rayshun is undergoing treatment.

"Rayshun was really calm and wasn't upset," his mother said. "I couldn't believe he would do something like that. He was so brave, and I was a wreck."

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070704/koddities/oddity_rabid_fox

Kid is a hero. Great work!
Ryan Thompson also kicked the animal when he had a cast on.....that must have been easy.