PDA

View Full Version : Met A Chuck Norris Nutrider While Away

Pages : [1] 2

OZZ
6/28/2007 7:14pm,
Been gone a bit, now I'm back.
While I was away I met a guy who claimed to be a BB in Jiujitsu (a '2nd level' BB actually) and also a practicioner of something he called 'Chuck Kwon Do'. Yes, that's right..CHUCK Kwon Do.
He informed me that he was the a member of the only Canadian club dedicated to the MA of Chuck Norris, who he had met several times and was going to soon be seeing again in Las Vegas at a tournament. He described Chuck as a 'really down to earth' kind of guy.
Some of you may or may not know that there actually is a school of MA dedicated to Chuck, but it is actually called CHA KUK DO. Not only did this guy get the name wrong, but he made himself look even stupider by inserting the actors first name in the style.
He was a bit older and terribly out of shape, but he decided to wow me with a demonstration of his prowess by flipping a crescent kick in the air, which, admittedly, he brought up pretty fast for an out of shape drunk. He told me he needed to stretch a bit before he could really demonstrate his kicking prowess..
I then decided to cal him on his **** a little so I asked him to show me his fighting stance. He refused, telling me that he had many different fighting stances. "Come on" I said"Just show me how you would stand if you were on the mat at a tournament." So, he finally agreed and raised his hands like a boxer and bent his knees slightly.
I looked at him and said "Well do you hop around a bit or..?" he replies " Oh Yeah, I hop around." I said " Well, hopping around isn't really all that good, you know, it is better to have a nice solid stance."
"Well, I don't hop around that much..you know blah, blah blah.." Tuned him out at this point. really no point in further humiliating him in front of the people I was sitting with, who knew he was full of ****. He had also told us earlier how he was waiting for a cheque for $182,000.00 and had a girlfriend with a yacht. He was also a former actor and owned his own business abroad.
Anyways, thought it was rather funny and worth sharing. CHUCK KWON DO!! FTW!!!

Grashnak
6/28/2007 7:24pm,
I do too have a girlfriend. Its just that she goes to a school across town, so you wouldn't know her.

I mean, Jesus Christ. Even Chuck Norris doesn't, as far as I know, claim to have a unique style - so why the **** would some lameasses invent one on his behalf? Was Power Ranger Ryu already taken?

EternalRage
6/28/2007 8:16pm,
Some of you may or may not know that there actually is a school of MA dedicated to Chuck, but it is actually called CHA KUK DO. Not only did this guy get the name wrong, but he made himself look even stupider by inserting the actors first name in the style.

Actually its CHUN KUK DO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chun_Kuk_Do

Not so much dedicated to Chuck, but developed by him.

hungryjoe
6/28/2007 8:32pm,
http://www.ufaf.org/

I'm no Chuck nutrider, but the man does have many accomplishments and does good work.

See the above site - in the "about our founder" area.

kwoww
6/28/2007 9:11pm,
White
Gold
Purple
Orange
8th Blue
7th Blue
6th Green
5th Green
4th Green
3rd Red
2nd Red
1st Red
Black

(according to Wikipedia)

I don't care how good of a martial artist Chuck Norris is. Looks like a belt factory to me. Chun Kuk Do better be pretty badass if it's gonna compensate for that McDojo first impression.

The_Tao
6/28/2007 11:01pm,
The entire idea is laughable:laughing9 .

Melkolmr
6/29/2007 12:00am,
In 1997, Mr. Norris reached another milestone in his life: he was the first man ever in the western hemisphere to be awarded an 8th degree Black Belt Grand Master recognition in the Tae Kwon Do martial arts system. This was a first in 4,500 years of tradition.

No. No, no, no. Fail. At this point my opinion of this art has been reduced to "Bullshido."

AAAhmed46
6/29/2007 12:30am,
http://www.ufaf.org/

I'm no Chuck nutrider, but the man does have many accomplishments and does good work.

See the above site - in the "about our founder" area.

He's a brown belt under the machado family, a very good kickboxer.

EternalRage
6/29/2007 12:52am,
He's a brown belt under the machado family, a very good kickboxer.
Just says that he's the shizzle.

Not his system or his students or his organization.

I don't see why he had to mash those two things with the Korean stuff he has and repackage it as some Korean thang.

Just teach American Kickboxing and BJJ. Why make the WCL. Train MMA fighters and get an IFL team. Coach for TUF. That could have been HIM playing Jens Pulver in ping pong for a brick of green.

Eldarbong
6/29/2007 2:14am,
Where did you meet this guy? At a club? You should've asked him about his BB in jiujitsu instead of a fighting stance demonstration. This may have revealed some cool bullshido cult BJJ BB factory that could have given us some cheap laffs.

AAAhmed46
6/29/2007 2:22am,
Just says that he's the shizzle.

Not his system or his students or his organization.

I don't see why he had to mash those two things with the Korean stuff he has and repackage it as some Korean thang.

Just teach American Kickboxing and BJJ. Why make the WCL. Train MMA fighters and get an IFL team. Coach for TUF. That could have been HIM playing Jens Pulver in ping pong for a brick of green.

I think he credits his previous training like crazy.

But yeah, ive heard chuck kuk do is McDojo.

OZZ
6/29/2007 8:01am,
Where did you meet this guy? At a club? You should've asked him about his BB in jiujitsu instead of a fighting stance demonstration. This may have revealed some cool bullshido cult BJJ BB factory that could have given us some cheap laffs.

It was at a Hotel..the entire event was more amusing than anything..I thought about asking him to do some light sparring, but he was old and out of shape.It wouldn't have done anything for my ego.

I think Chuck's 'system' is a belt factory as well. But you have to give the guy some credit, Hell, he's like 60 and still swinging. I liked his movies when I was a kid...

Matt W.
6/29/2007 12:46pm,
Did someone say Chuck Norris nutrider...

Actually that type of belt system is pretty common for KMA's. ...Sadly.

kwoww
6/29/2007 1:03pm,
I just don't get how such a great martial artist can found such a shitty system.

EternalRage
6/29/2007 1:17pm,
Yep its the 10 level grading system. Pretty common in KMA I agree.

Adon4Ever
6/29/2007 1:59pm,
I do like Chuck Norris. Always have looked up to him, ever since I was a kid. I think he's contributed a lot to the martial arts world. And also, one of his top students, a former 4x World Kickboxing Champ... also just happens to be the head instructor at my gym.

THAT BEING SAID... can't say I'm too impressed with this Chu Kuk Do system (or however you spell it). It does sound like a McDojo. And it does lead me to wonder just how much Chuck Norris himself really had to do with the founding of this system. Is it REALLY the "Chuck Norris System" that we hear about?

Incidentally, my instructor does have a 6th degree BB in the Chuck Norris system, but also holds varying degrees of BBs in other systems as well (i.e. Karate, TKD, etc.). I forget exactly what they are, but I can dig them up if anyone's interested.

Josh