PDA

View Full Version : Hello from newbie

bmaben
6/28/2007 5:43pm,
I have 30 years experience in the martial arts and i am still trying to figure out what this website is about!

Regards,

bmab:happy7:

GhostOfKimura
6/28/2007 5:44pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, bmaben, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

The_Tao
6/28/2007 5:47pm,
This site is for the discussion of martial arts and finding out whats crap and whats not. If you can't take criticism to your art you may want to try another site.

PirateJon
6/29/2007 8:39am,
It's about "No bullshit in martial arts" whether it's stuff like no-touch knockouts, fake 23rd degree blackbelts in madeup-fu, or people that claim they're untouchable or can KO anyone anytime, or people that have never sparred claiming they can fight.

It's supported by a community of thousands, from newbs looking for a gym to people that have done arts for 20 or 30 years like you. There are professional fighters and instructors, cops and military, and internet geeks like me and we all love talking and reading about training and working out and everything MA related from what gloves are good to who we like in the next UFC to how to lock in that one choke. There's the throwdowns - sparring at any intensity against other martial arts enthusiests.

we're basically just one big happy community of people that value truth. Except in the comedy forum where people make snarky jokes and talk smack.

Read around a bit. Bet you really like it.

AeroChica
6/29/2007 9:28am,
That's about the best summation of this place I have ever read.

Sticky Plz!