PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a MA noob

hpr
6/28/2007 3:58pm,
Hm. I've been lurking about for a week now, so I guess it's time to say hi.

Hi.

Now, yeah, I'm doing BBT. I'm a total noob in MA's, just over 3 months of experience. I've been previously completely bulldozed over and crapped on by gladius when I told I enjoty doing it and suggested that there might be really tough BBT guys somewhere out there in the wild. It stings a little less every day ;). Anyway, I'm no BBT apologist, I chose the art strictly by location (IE. closest to home).

In these 3 months I've done randori once. It was pretty fucking fun. The rest has been what you'd call dead training, I guess. It has been fun too. Since I'm such a noob I couldn't tell an ass from a barn when it comes to training in MA, so who am I to say what's good and what's not. At least with any authoritA.

Anyway, this forum has awakened my interest in alive training, so I guess I'm trying out BJJ in the fall. If nothing else, I'll be able to pwn my co-ninjers if it comes to crappling. Who knows, maybe I'll like it more. My mind is open for new things.

I guess that's it. Fire at will, but don't kick the baby.. too hard.

KungFuBot
6/28/2007 3:59pm,
Welcome aboard, hpr! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

hpr
6/28/2007 4:04pm,
Oh yeah, since the FAQ mentions that we should mention if we've done any obscure arts. I did Han Moo Do for about a year back in the days when Y2K was still considered a real threat. To me it seemed like an TKD variant created by Young Suk two decades ago. There were no katas or silly kamaes though. Just a shitload of kicks, some punches, some basic practical and unpractical grappling and weapons like bo, sword and of course teh nunchakus.

Training was mostly dead, but there were sparring sessions too. Oh, and they were very big on conditioning. It's your basic sport MA, I guess. Here's a full contact demo clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=M8El63Wsl0k (Sorry, still no posting fu and direct media embedding)