PDA

View Full Version : Not to sure about this place.

jax_wasted_time
6/27/2007 6:28pm,
I've read a few posts here. Seems like a great deal of hostility toward people who do not toe the party line.

Oh well, Nothing ventured nothing gained, I suppose.

Just here to check things out. :icon_thum

BJJbot
6/27/2007 6:29pm,
We knew you could do it! jax_wasted_time posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

DAYoung
6/27/2007 6:36pm,
YOU WILL SHUT UP AND AGREE WITH ME.

What?

Oh.

Er.

WHEN I GET AROUND TO SAYING SOMETHING YOU WILL SHUT UP AND AGREE WITH ME.

Hey?

Oh, I see.

WHEN YOU'RE NOT SHUTTING UP, YOU WILL...-

Oh forget it.

Welcome to Bullshido. I think you'll find there's quite a bit of diversity here. Just don't make people rehash the same old tired arguments.

They get cranky.

NDNgirl4ever51
6/27/2007 9:57pm,
Welcome!

PirateJon
6/29/2007 8:26am,
Out of curiosity - what do you see as the "party line"?

jax_wasted_time
6/30/2007 5:18pm,
Well, to be frank, most here seem to brag too much and from what I've seen of these "throwdown" vids not many here have anything to brag about. Moreover, anytime someone states something that deviates from the party line then the mods start making accusations of "trolling" or one of the senior members gets pissed and starts talking badly about the other person.
Frankly, it seems a little ironic that a sight dedicated to exposing martial arts frauds has many members who seem to be a little full of BullShido themselves.
Just my humble opinion.
As Johnny from the FF4 says, "Flame ON!"

HappyOldGuy
6/30/2007 5:37pm,
From another newbie I think you get two experiences here. Stay out of YMAS and trollshido and see people mostly not talking out their asses, and mostly trying to be helpful about things they have a clue about. or read em and watch the NHB internet dick duelling.

Personally, I think I'll just pretend that the guy being helpful about techniques or whatever is a different person than the troll with the same screen name. Whether he's a mod/senior person or not.

kwoww
6/30/2007 6:48pm,
Well, to be frank, most here seem to brag too much and from what I've seen of these "throwdown" vids not many here have anything to brag about. Moreover, anytime someone states something that deviates from the party line then the mods start making accusations of "trolling" or one of the senior members gets pissed and starts talking badly about the other person.
Frankly, it seems a little ironic that a sight dedicated to exposing martial arts frauds has many members who seem to be a little full of BullShido themselves.
Just my humble opinion.
Nobody brags, they just know good martial arts when they see it. In case you didn't notice, in just about half of the style fields it's either some TMA or "____ noob." My point is that nobody gives anybody **** for their style, ability, or experience, aside from the occasional trolling in YMAS, unless that person clearly deserves it by a) lying, b) being a douchebag, or c) being a lying douchebag.

colonelpong2
6/30/2007 10:20pm,
Just my humble opinion.

I think you'll find that most of the folk who brag excessively get stomped on by other members. Most of the rest are clearly bragging in jest.

In terms of hammering those who don't tow the line. This is only partially correct. If they offer sound reasons for their views, sensible and diplomatic discussion usually results.
Often people do deliberately troll by pretending to adopt a position that is the exact polar opposite of the "party line" simply to cause argument. With a little experience around this place you can usually figure out who is being genuine and who is just stirring ****.
The bullshido culture takes a little getting used to, but you will find that there is a lot of excellent information on this site as well as the most fantastic humor on the net

chaosexmachina
7/01/2007 12:19am,
The throwdowns are more about doing the right kind of training rather than who can kick ass the most. At least that's how I see it. BTW, I think you mean just FF. FF4 would be Final Fantasy 4. Unless you meant the 'fuckin' Fantastic 4'. Heheh.

Steve
7/01/2007 12:34am,
BTW, I think you mean just FF. FF4 would be Final Fantasy 4. Unless you meant the 'fuckin' Fantastic 4'. Heheh.

lol, newbs.

Seriously, just look around jax. Use the search function to find things that you want to talk about. If you don't want to wade through the forums, sticking your toe in here and there cause you're worried that it will get bit, don't.

You may or may not have noticed that those who are of the "party line" are those that tell people who post ultimatums without any iota of proof to be quiet and lurk more (well, perhaps not as nicely as that). When a different opinion is presented with intelligence tied with an endurance to survive the frontal onslaught, things can turn out to be quite "civilized" in the discussion (we hope).

Welcome to Bullshido.