PDA

View Full Version : My Intro

lapzter
6/22/2007 3:56pm,
Love the site guys. I'm a beginner at martial arts. I'm currently looking for the right school. I've read all the info and links that have been posted about it. That's why I decided to join. I figured if you have this much information about finding the right school, you could be a big help along the way to becoming a true martial artist.

GhostOfKimura
6/22/2007 3:57pm,
So lapzter, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83).

cyrijl
6/22/2007 3:58pm,
Welcome.

What do you mean by "true Martial Artist?"

lapzter
6/22/2007 4:12pm,
No, I have not joined yet. I'm a little paranoid after reading the other threads about McDojo's. I have been to 3 in my town. There really aren't many other options. What should I do?

P.S. By true martial artist I simply meant, I don't want to get suckered into some fake money making scheme. I a have a real desire to learn real techniques.

cyrijl
6/22/2007 4:20pm,
Can you elaborate on your goals? FYI, the term technique can have a very negative meaning here.

If you are older than 16, you could list your location (state,county). There are probably some people in your area that can make recommendations based on your goals.

lapzter
6/22/2007 4:31pm,
read my next post entitled "newbie in need". I just wrote it out in detail.

P.S. thanks for the tip on "Technique".