PDA

View Full Version : __ng __un romantic comedy ?

Pumpkin King
6/22/2007 2:56pm,
__ng __un Archive Interview with Director Sheldon Wong Schwartz

"I want to make a romantic comedy/coming-of-age-flick about a nerdy computer programmer who learns WC and becomes popular after beating up a bunch of guys at a bullshido.com-style throw-down. He meets his first girlfriend that way. "

http://www.wcarchive.com/images/movies/beimo.htm (http://www.wcarchive.com/images/movies/beimo.htm)

Discuss. Or not.

jkdbuck76
6/22/2007 2:59pm,
Who will play the role of the Grandmaster of Almightiness?

BackFistMonkey
6/22/2007 3:02pm,
WCA: What are your goals in the area of film?

SS: My goal in film is to make movies that communicate good messages. I hope that one day I get to make a film that really impacts the way my viewers look at reality for the better. We don't have that in Hollywood anymore; I hope I'm the lucky one who gets to bring that back someday. If its not me, kudos to the person that does.

WCA: Are you done with your Wing Chun training?

SS: I'm done with WC for now. I have to go to law school and start my production company. This takes a lot of time!

WCA: Tell me about it. It is hard to find the time to focus on training and have any other side projects at all, much less Law School and running a business. Do you think we'll ever see any more Wing Chun in your films?

SS: I want to make a romantic comedy/coming-of-age-flick about a nerdy computer programmer who learns WC and becomes popular after beating up a bunch of guys at a bullshido.com-style throw-down. He meets his first girlfriend that way.

WCA: That sounds great, I can't wait. I'm curios to know if you are Christian and if that was part of the basis for the film. I'm no expert, but I didn't think there were many Chinese Christians in the 1930's and 40's, so I was wandering about that.

SS: Yes, I'm a Christian. I'm actually half-Jewish/half-Chinese. Yes, I wanted to express an aspect of my faith that everyone could relate to: Forgiveness

Do I really have to talk about this ?

and since when does bullshido.com have Throwdowns ? ... I thought that was .net thing .

MacWombat
6/22/2007 3:04pm,
Wow, some one should tell him that his storyline is very unauthentic. As opposed to the movie linked which is 'semi-authentic.'

Pumpkin King
6/22/2007 3:22pm,
He has additional cinematic gems posted at http://www.whatthefilm.org/whatthefilm/

"Parabellum" is especially... um... accurate.

MacWombat
6/22/2007 4:53pm,
Wow, the script's the only thing worse than the swordfight.

BackFistMonkey
6/22/2007 5:27pm,
Here is how I see it .

Most Wing Chun sucks .

Most low budget movie projects suck .

Most Christian video propaganda sucks .

So if you make a low budget movie about Christian Chunners ... the deck is already stacked against you .

PizDoff
6/22/2007 5:36pm,
I wonder, could this be self-reflective of one of his kung-fu wet dreams. (http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5401/size/big/cat/515)

I can see it now, our pretty young MEGA JESUS-SAMA fluttering her long eye-lashes while clutching her bow tighter and tighter as each bullshido.com fighter gets put down with a devestating flurry of centre-line cleaving strikes.

Fantasy Warrior
6/22/2007 5:44pm,
I hope to see him at the ext Bullshido meet demonstrating his Wing Chun and then he can meet his next girlfriend there, Sirc maybe.

BackFistMonkey
6/22/2007 6:53pm,
Just in case anyone thinks I am kidding .

I am being as serious as a " heart attack close ".

colonelpong2
6/22/2007 8:24pm,
I cannot believe I just wasted 9 minutes and 30 seconds of my life watching that

Kid Miracleman
6/22/2007 11:19pm,
Doesn't Robert Downey Jr. do _ing _un? Maybe he can play the lead in this movie after he's done filming "Iron Man."

TheMightyMcClaw
6/23/2007 11:11am,
I saw Biemo a while ago.... pretty bad movie. It probably would've been better if it had a coherent script. Or explained why there was a Karateka hanging out on the main character's roof all the time. Having less Jesus would've been better, too.

Lefty
6/23/2007 11:14am,
Any kind of Win Chun guy would beat you fuckig nay-sayers the **** down you stupid bitches.