PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Dragon and Aliveness

Pages : [1] 2

cyrijl
6/22/2007 2:12pm,
I was watching Enter the Dragon last night on AMC. Why AMC? Because i am better than you. At any rate, in the first few scenes at the island we see the three I's of Aliveness

Introduce (should only take a few minutes, if not it is probably to complicated for the participants)
We see young karateka or kung fu guys training lunge punches then the camera pans
to the second I

Isolate (Isolation sparring in an Alive way) -
We see pairs of men fighting specific techniques

Incorporate (Add into your total game)
This is the totality of the movie. The 'real' fighting.

If Mr. Han can understand this, why can't the rest of you.

EternalRage
6/22/2007 2:48pm,
BULLSHIT MR HAN MAN!

http://www.geocities.com/toyfare_magazine/Legends_BlackBelt_Jones.jpg

cyrijl
6/22/2007 3:17pm,
Blackbelt got PWNED

Hidden Ronin
6/22/2007 3:31pm,
I thought Aliveness was timing, energy and resistance.

Lu Tze
6/22/2007 3:33pm,
Blackbelt got PWNEDYeah, but only because he was too busy looking good.

vinhthekid
6/22/2007 3:34pm,
yeah, he's not referencing alvieness, but rather the SBG method of instruction, which implies aliveness.

cyrijl
6/22/2007 3:46pm,
lol. Yeah it was a joke.

Yeah Aliveness is the theoria. The three I's is the praxis.

Uri Shatil
6/22/2007 6:38pm,
I was actually also watching Enter the Dragon recently, and I couldn't help but think about how compliant all of Bruce Lee's (everyone else's) oppoonents were. Remember that part where he gets the old guy in a front headlock and kicks him in the face? Well, the way he gets the front headlock is by picking the guy up without any resistance.

And of course Blackbelt Jones got pwned. In every movie the black belt dies first.

colonelpong2
6/22/2007 8:27pm,
And of course Blackbelt Jones got pwned. In every movie the black belt dies first.

Like the red shirted crew members on startrek (the real star trek, with kirk and spock that is)

Mas
6/22/2007 8:38pm,
Remember that part where he gets the old guy in a front headlock and kicks him in the face?

Or when Jackie Chan waits in a headlock so he can get his neck broken.

Like the red shirted crew members on startrek (the real star trek, with kirk and spock that is)
Pure and simple blasphemy.

Boyd
6/22/2007 8:41pm,
I was watching Enter the Dragon last night on AMC. Why AMC? Because i am better than you.

No, you're not. AMC and TCM represent the duality of what constitutes a classic; the yin and yang, if you will, of basic cable movie channels. While TCM feels as though anything recent enough to feature black people as attorneys or wrongly-convicted criminals is "too new", AMC freely shows Top Gun every goddamn Thursday alongside Friday the 13th, Part VII: The New Blood.

Eldarbong
6/23/2007 1:23pm,
Hey, can anyone point me to any good threads with/about Bruce Lee/Jeet Kune Do nutriders?

Tonuzaba
6/23/2007 1:30pm,
Hey, can anyone point me to any good threads with/about Bruce Lee/Jeet Kune Do nutriders?
Actually there is somebody who could do that for you...
Our old and most trusted friend, "SEARCH FUNCTION" himself.
I'm sure he'll do all he can to satisfy you.

Eldarbong
6/23/2007 1:35pm,
Actually there is somebody who could do that for you...
Our old and most trusted friend, "SEARCH FUNCTION" himself.
I'm sure he'll do all he can to satisfy you.
I'm not gay.

ironlurker
6/23/2007 3:05pm,
No, you're not. AMC and TCM represent the duality of what constitutes a classic; the yin and yang, if you will, of basic cable movie channels. While TCM feels as though anything recent enough to feature black people as attorneys or wrongly-convicted criminals is "too new", AMC freely shows Top Gun every goddamn Thursday alongside Friday the 13th, Part VII: The New Blood.
You leave "Fear Friday" out of this, mister. Our nation needs to be able to watch a heavily edited version of "The Puppet Master"interspersed with ads for oxyclean (tm) at 1:00 am. :icon_salu:911flag:

kohadril
6/23/2007 3:12pm,
Like the red shirted crew members on startrek
Scotty wore a red uniform, and didn't die. It's "young-looking red-shirted crew members on away missions" that always died.

(the real star trek, with kirk and spock that is)
This part is incorrect as well. Don't worry, though; all you have to do to correct it is replace "real" with "comical and immature first attempt to bring Gene Roddenberry's optimistic vision of an enlightened future for humanity to the masses, which only really succeeded at demonstrating how little costume and makeup design was necessary to convince people somebody was an alien; how poor, fumbled, and obvious social messages in TV programming could be while still provoking emmy nominations; how totally unconvincing pumice boulders could be when used as weapons by similarly unconvincing guys in badly articulated rubber lizard suits; how uninspired and repetitive a sound track could be on a mainstream television show; and exactly how long the general public would accept the bald and unsupportable assertion that William Shatner was both sexy and a capable dramatic actor (three seasons, it turned out); the show now known to us as the original series of..."

See? Just a little editing and that post was perfect.

But I kid. I kid the original series. It may seem kind of lame and stupid nowadays, but for the late sixties/early seventies, it was a great show.