PDA

View Full Version : Fighting related cartoons/anime

Pages : [1] 2

namaste
6/20/2007 9:22pm,
Are there any good ones?

I'm watching hajime no ippo at the moment, and its the ****.

What about fist of the north star? worth watching?

And Baki the grappler?

Is there any more?

Do I have pants on?

Thanks

Virus
6/20/2007 11:41pm,
Well, I find most anime boring as hell but the Fist of the North Star feature length is t3h r0x0r.

Ninja Scroll is also r0x0r material.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6/21/2007 12:41am,
There aren't any good ones.

namaste
6/21/2007 2:50am,
ZOMBIES AM SUCK AT GIVING INFO ON ANIME.

any actual information?

kendamu
6/21/2007 2:53am,
I always thought "Ikki Tousen" (a.k.a. "Battle Vixens" and a.k.a. "Dragon Girls" in Germany) was a pretty cool manga/anime. Then again, not onl was three fighting but it was fighting between hot chicks who wore revealing clothing that was easily ripped away in most fight sequences.

Seemed they had the same tailors as whoever made the clothes in Dragonball Z.

http://i.tomodachi.de/reviews/dvd/ikki_tousen_4.jpg

Virus
6/21/2007 3:08am,
Check out Shootfighter Tekken as well, pretty lame overall like most manga but has cool fight scenes with sub-grappling and absurd dialog.

namaste
6/21/2007 3:15am,
Thanks mate, will check out fist of the north star and that other one you said.

Watching these plus playing Mortal Kombat Deception will totally give me some sweet moves that I can put together and make an ultimate kata to practice.

Severe
6/21/2007 4:15am,
what about Devilman?
its the only one I have seen.

oh, and it was the 90's.

Hedgehogey
6/21/2007 4:52am,
Things like Fist of the North Star are the grindhouse movies of Anime, but without the camp value. I played a bit part in the new FotNS dub. Do not watch it.

Virtua
6/21/2007 5:48am,
My favorite: Karate Shokoshi Kohinata Minoru.
It's pretty funny, if used to Japanese humor.
In this Manga there even is a gay Brazilian guy who did Jujitsu, and will teach the members of the Karate club some ground fighting skills.

hurricane88
6/21/2007 6:29am,
History's Greatest Disciple Kenichi is about this weakling kid who trains with masters in karate, ju jutsu, Muay Thai, Chinese Kempo and ninjutsu (the girl looks like a ninja but it's really just weapons training). It's just another teenager show with girls with huge breasts and tons of references to them--only this show has a ton of different martial arts in it, making it at least watchable.

Gezere
6/21/2007 6:54am,
My favorite: Karate Shokoshi Kohinata Minoru.
It's pretty funny, if used to Japanese humor.
In this Manga there even is a gay Brazilian guy who did Jujitsu, and will teach the members of the Karate club some ground fighting skills.
How can you talk about Minoru and not brign up BNJ!!!! Brazilian Nin-Jitsu!!!
I loved the Jariaya and Saizo was hilarious.

You also have Beautiful Fighter Wulong. Chicks fighting in MMA.

shinbushi
6/21/2007 12:59pm,
My favorite (Actually the Manga) is Grappler Baki.

Torakaka
6/21/2007 1:12pm,
Noritaka: King of Trouble is a pretty fun manga about a highschool kid that joins a muay thai club and has to battle people from other styles.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/kidspatula123/noritaka-v02-c009-p103.png
It starts out pretty cool with Noritaka utilizing a new element of muay thai for each new enemy, which I found pretty neat. After a while I guess they run out of muay thai super moves to defeat enemies so he has to start utilizing more mystical kung fu and karate nonsense, but it's a fun read nonetheless.

Namrepus221
6/21/2007 1:32pm,
Kid, where did you get the scan? And is it released in the states or only as scanlation?

----
EDIT: NVM Found it on IRC
----

and I have 2 volumes of the Ayane's High Kick manga as well as OAV on VHS. Very good female kickboxing series. Too bad it wasn't continued beyond 2 episodes and 2 manga releases

AAAhmed46
6/21/2007 8:28pm,
Are most of these manga/anime licensed?

If so, are they in print and go by the same name?

If not, where can i download? Though im reading noritaka online.