PDA

View Full Version : Hey, What's up?

Tango M.F.
6/19/2007 6:49pm,
Hey, what's up Bullshido?

Let's face it. I'm new - I don't really know what the **** I'm talking about, so I will in all likelihood not be sayin' much for now.

I was a pretty serious wrestler in high school (seven years ago), then took up Shotokan karate for a few years, but I was never very serious about it. I made the jump from SK to Muay Thai about two years ago. I'm a lanky ************, so it suits me well, and I've been training hard 3-4 nights a week ever since (I'm a scientist by day - I work in biotechnology). I still suck, but hey, that's why I read these forums - to learn more about MT as I train (in Vancouver, Canada).

I probably won't post much, as there is little advice I currently have to offer, but I'll be reading. Most importantly though - I won't have that gigantic fucking message telling me to post here!

Regards,

- Tango.

OmegaBot
6/19/2007 6:50pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, Tango M.F., with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

Phrost
6/19/2007 8:55pm,
Heya. So what are you doing for your grappling?

Tango M.F.
6/19/2007 11:04pm,
So what are you doing for your grappling?

Hi Phrost, props on the kick-ass site.

As of now, not much in the way of grappling. The gym I've been going to trains BJJ as well, but I'm currently focusing on Muay Thai. With my schedule I could train both half-assed or focus on getting good at one.

Maybe some forum members could make suggestions about balancing out a training schedule to accommodate both grappling and striking, or point me in the direction of a thread on the topic?

wizaster
2/05/2008 12:35am,
hum... is there something to say now....

i learn the existence of this community ten minutes ago

need time to make an idea ^^