PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the huge words or that creepy guy

Pages : [1] 2

bigmf
6/15/2007 3:21pm,
So here I am. 37 and out of shape. I bought my self a training bag (Wavemaster).

At 30 minutes a night, I have found that I like this and am starting to look for a training facility. I've read the threads about choosing a school and I don't think I'll get taken in by a McDojo (for more than a week or two at least). There look to be a few good alternatives here in Jiu-jutsu and muay thai.

I am currently reading the Tao of Jeet Kune Do. Too bad there isn't an instructor on JKD anywhere nereby.

Also I would like to thank the poster who I'm sure will respond right after me for such a warm welcome to the boards (and give other posters a chance to pile on for responding to a bot).

That should do it. Hopefully the guy with the 'chuks will go away and take the eye-bleedingly ugly lettering with him.

KungFuBot
6/15/2007 3:22pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, bigmf. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

OmegaBot
6/15/2007 3:22pm,
BULL RUSH ON bigmf!!!

FickleFingerOfFate
6/15/2007 3:25pm,
People on this board may be able to help you find a good school in your area,

So, where are you.

Oh, Welcome.

bigmf
6/15/2007 3:28pm,
Red Deer, Alberta Canada

colonelpong2
6/15/2007 7:49pm,
When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were talking about angry spastic...

PizDoff
6/16/2007 12:58am,
Welcome fellow Canadian!

Here's a solid FAQ on how to choose a MA school. Lots of good info, take your time reading it.
http://www.bullshido.com/articles/finding-a-good-martial-arts-school.html

chaosexmachina
6/16/2007 1:01am,
Red deer, eh? I live in Calgary. A quick look at the Red Deer yellowpages didn't garner much information. If you have access to muay thai (which I didn't see on the yellow pages site) I'd say take that and jiu-jitsu if possible, unless it's some craptacular traditional jiujitsu that don't practice randori (AKA rolling).

Epicurus
6/16/2007 5:11am,
Welcome to the forums, and I wish you the best of luck in choosing a school near you. P.S: Kudos on choosing a wavemaster, I have gotten a lot of good use and wrist injury from mine!

Toby Christensen
6/16/2007 6:37am,
When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were talking about angry spastic...

Hey mate

:icon_bigg

FickleFingerOfFate
6/16/2007 6:55am,
Hey mate

:icon_bigg

He was kidding,

back in your hole.

Toby Christensen
6/16/2007 6:59am,
Why? It would make an excellent grave for you

"Here lieth a "retard" Please feel free to sodomise each other and smash the flower vase, my dear critics

By the way, where do you live?

I'll only a knife to make you a sandwich with. Be civil and I'm an excellent cook singer writer anthropologist walker. I can move heavy stuff.

Just ask

And be nice

Or I eyerake you

FickleFingerOfFate
6/16/2007 7:07am,
Rant, Blither, Rage, bellow, spiel, rail, harangue, bluster, storm, bloviate, roar, agitate, scold, and other wise offend the sensibilities of decent people.

Thanks for sharing.:byewhore:

(http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/umbrage)

Toby Christensen
6/16/2007 7:12am,
Okay, **** off then

Thx

(Rock to head)

FickleFingerOfFate
6/16/2007 7:15am,
Okay, I'm off then

Thx

(Rocks in head)

:byewhore:

Toby Christensen