PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna join the UFC someday what do you recomend i learn Judo or boxing?

Pages : [1] 2

SEXY_PIZZA
6/14/2007 11:04am,
I tryed lokin for wrestling but i couldnt find any plus i already know some kung fu but i know it aint gonna help me much ,and im gonna join Bjj soon hopefully ,thanks to someguy who posted me a link to a good bjj school here at bullshido sorry i forgot your name

KungFuBot
6/14/2007 11:05am,
BULL RUSH ON SEXY_PIZZA!!!

Cuchulain
6/14/2007 11:06am,
I suggest MMA.

if thats not possible, i would probably say boxing is more applicable.

Neildo
6/14/2007 11:07am,
both.

Toby Christensen
6/14/2007 11:09am,
Stick to your kung fu and if you hurt your Mum I will eat your tongue with guava jelly.

SEXY_PIZZA
6/14/2007 11:17am,
both.

yeah i was thinking that too but im not sure i can becuse boxing and judo lessons start at the same time but like i said im not sure i have to check on saturday. so i need to know now which one will hlp me out the most in the cage boxing or judo ?

theusualsuspect
6/14/2007 12:28pm,
Stick to your kung fu and if you hurt your Mum I will eat your tongue with guava jelly.

You know, perhaps it's a good thing you're here on Bullshido most of your time AS, otherwise the rest of the world would have to deal with this kind of ****.

In all seriousness though, sexy pizza, take up boxing. Judo may help you some of the time, but boxing will be an integral part of your game if you really want to compete in high level mma. Plus, if you're already planning on doing bjj, you should develope your striking.

Toby Christensen
6/14/2007 1:34pm,
You know, perhaps it's a good thing you're here on Bullshido most of your time AS, otherwise the rest of the world would have to deal with this kind of ****.

In all seriousness though, sexy pizza, take up boxing. Judo may help you some of the time, but boxing will be an integral part of your game if you really want to compete in high level mma. Plus, if you're already planning on doing bjj, you should develope your striking.

I am a law abiding citizen. I carry no weapons, have no criminal record. ****, I don't even drink.

I also have just scored my dream job.

Calm down mate.

chaosexmachina
6/14/2007 3:19pm,
If you can find a school that teaches MMA, do that (even if it's a bit far away, which is what I'll do). Otherwise, I'd say you should split up your time between boxing and judo. You need to have striking and grappling. I cannot stress this enough. Even if you go one month of boxing then one month of judo (if possible) it could work out, I imagine.

SEXY_PIZZA
6/14/2007 6:04pm,
If you can find a school that teaches MMA, do that (even if it's a bit far away, which is what I'll do). Otherwise, I'd say you should split up your time between boxing and judo. You need to have striking and grappling. I cannot stress this enough. Even if you go one month of boxing then one month of judo (if possible) it could work out, I imagine.

You really think so ?:blob5:

Virus
6/15/2007 3:25am,
Do t3h aikido.

Apollyon
6/17/2007 10:07am,
To be any sort of decent mma fighter you need to train all aspects of your game. Simple as that. Good luck with getting in the UFC.

KhorneliusPraxx
6/17/2007 11:01am,
With the UFC's "stand up and punch each other" mentality...Stand up striking is now most important. :-(

Reboot
6/18/2007 10:45am,
No, you're not.

jasontheknight
6/18/2007 12:05pm,
The last time I watched a UFC match it was just two fat guys punching each other - bring back the old days!

SOUL_FIGHTER
6/27/2007 3:23pm,
Man, you really are a n00b if you think you'll suddenly "join" the UFC someday. The way you say it, you make it sound like a job application.

Sorry. You gotta work your way up from Amateur. Then you go pro and are stuck in small shows. Then you work up and MAYBE UFC will give you a call. ANd that's a MAYBE.

You can never go wrong with learning Boxing. But if MMA is your ultimate goal, do Judo. In MMA, you can get away with being a shitty striker as long as you have solid ground skills.