PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite technique from another art/style

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mercurius
9/23/2002 1:27pm,
My favorite technique aside from Karate comes from Sanda's stand-up grappling, a duck to avoid a punch followed by a double leg takedown. With any luck, most opponents outside of a ring won't know **** about the guard, and reaching top mount should be no problem.

It can be seen on this page: http://members.tripod.com/~crane69/index2d.htm

I guess it's more than coincidence that a technique from Sanda should be my favorite, since Sanda is an attempt to modernize traditional Kung Fu for ring competition, and I'm a traditionalist trying to prove that traditional fighters can be equal to modern MMA/NHB, despite whatever evidence may now stand.

--------------------
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9chambers
9/24/2002 5:53am,
Don't even worry about the guard.

If you get the double leg takedown you might try this (maybe after a quick kick or punch to the groin) ..

Hold his left leg against your hip/ribs with one arm wrapped over it - (for the purpose of illustration I picked an arm - I am left handed) Your right arm is hooked over his left leg.

Then quickly sweep your left arm over his knee and around outside the leg and under that knee as you step to raise your right knee up under his left leg and twist to your left. Meanwhile switch your arm that is holding his calf from an overhook to an underhook (or just pull it with the overhook if you like that better or don't have the control to switch it) on the inside of his calf.

Keep control of the leg and move both arms together to do this fast. (If you lose control a little a good tug or lift on his left leg might get it back but watch his right leg - and remember you can strike his balls or the knee you have pinned with a hook punch from your left fist)

Your left forearm arm should end up trapped inside his knee joint for leverage as it bends. As you twist his leg towards that arm (with your right arm holding his calf area pulling his leg against your chest) begin pressing forward on his shin area with your chest and shoulder.

Dive/lean forward on his leg as you twist him so that he rolls onto his belly. (His right leg will be going under him fast) Then let up the pressure slightly for a moment while you swing your left calf in over his right knee to replace your arm inside his joint.

Hook his knee over your upper calf as you free your left arm and push his right shin/calf back down with your chest, holding his leg in place with your arms. Twist his ankle if you need more control. Pin that leg down with pressure from your chest and your left arm, and grab at the other leg with your right arm.

If you can, fold his right leg over his left shin/ankle and pin them both in place. (Grab his pants, waist or thighs if you need more leverage) If you can't fold his second leg then just wrap it and hold it close to yours body or step over it with your right knee or leg.

He should be locked in position now. Pants him! Let girls take pictures of his hairy butt and then post them on the Internet.

If he continues to resist and you fear losing control then press forward further and injure his knee, or twist his foot at the ankle and injure it, or check his oil, or blast away at his spine, or reach up and grab his hair and work your way up the body to slam his head into the ground and follow up with strikes to the back of his neck and head or a choke.

If he swings his arms back grab them. You could end up with an arm bar, a wrist lock or a chicken wing to climb up him with.. or to injure him.

Okay, anyway what I'm saying is .. simple Jujitsu/Judo leg locks can be used to avoid even needing to deal with the guard.

It would be funny to see somebody go for the guard and the other guy flip them over into the Boston Crab or something WWF style. The Walls of Jericho! The Figure 4!! Wooooo!

*giggle*

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

9chambers
9/24/2002 6:00am,
another variation of this would be to just wrap the leg with both arms under his knee, grab your own wrist, twist sharply to the left and fall back onto his leg. Then your back if facing his back. Do it fast and you may injure his leg.

darkface
9/24/2002 7:09am,
If you looked at boxing... there is no ducking... but you can bob and weave to avoid getting hit... unles sof course the puncher cant punch a shits worth...

But its a very good start... avoid getting hit, change level and dive for the legs.

NHB or nothing!

aaronharmon
9/26/2002 12:28am,
My favorite technique from another art is from Silat (I think). You get into the clich, move around behind, do a rising forearm strike to the groin (from behind) as you grab his ankle with your other hand. Then drive your shoulder into his butt, while lifting his ankles, causing a fairly nasty fall on his face. Kinda mean.

I guess that you could call it a double-leg from behind. If he spins on you, you still have the single-leg.

Edited by - aaronharmon on September 26 2002 00:33:31

9chambers
9/26/2002 4:10am,
I like the low shoot from wrestling .. instead of going for the regular double-leg takedown up high, you dive low across the floor and grab his heel or heels. As you do that you drive your shoulder into the front of his shin or shins. His knee/knees lock and he falls back onto his butt.

You've got to learn to set this up and be fast. Just like any technique it takes some skill.

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

kronos
9/26/2002 5:57am,
I like silat footwork...the one that immediately kneel down..

Hemm...just haven't try it on someone who is doing a real low single/double...I wonder if I could drop down on one knee when he's shooting and sprawl him when kneeling down...dunno if that would works...huhuhuhu

patfromlogan
9/26/2002 1:08pm,
In response to upper body or head strike do a quick spin and drop to one knee one leg foot planted with your back to the opponent and do a upward hammer fist to the groin.

First time this was done to me it blew me away - one of those eclectic non trad style black belts that wear blue uniforms and don't sweat enough just nailed me!

9chambers
9/27/2002 6:07am,
kronos,

The low shoot has its risks. If you are going to drop to your knees why not just land one of them on his head or arm?

Like I said you have to set the low shoot up. You can't just march right in and do it.

TKD Boxer
10/04/2002 5:42pm,
I like the Muay Thai and Savate Roundhouse Kicks,
its so easy to drop someone with a good savate/thai roundhouse to the body or head.

"The night has come and all you lived for was in the day, but with understanding the night can be a powerfull alley"

KenjutsuB0i
10/14/2002 5:25am,
i quite enjoy doing a tornado kick

Kato
11/17/2002 6:47pm,
the BJJ arm break technique always looked rather tasty to me...

poorboy
11/17/2002 8:20pm,
i don't like anything from other styles. any technique i like becomes part of my style.

Nihilanthic
11/17/2002 9:30pm,
That wingchun eyepoke... good stuff.

Not that I know anything else about Wingchun, but it just seems like a good opener for many things. If he's holding his eyes with his hands you can run off or kick his nuts, or whatever you have in mind.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
<John> I'd have to smack you sometime...

Kato
11/20/2002 7:48pm,
I'll trade you an eyepoke for an armbar. What can I offer you for effective leg locks?

SamHarber
11/20/2002 11:20pm,
Escrima. I like the idea of beating the crap out of someone with a stick. It tends to render the striker/grappler question mute

"Not in the face!"