PDA

View Full Version : Training in Japan

Pages : [1] 2

bahotae
6/07/2007 9:01pm,
This is my first post here. I'm in Japan been training Shooto here for over 2 1/2 years.

Is there anyone else here that trains in Japan?

Looking for someone to train with in the weekends that speaks English.

You all have a nice day.

TKDBot
6/07/2007 9:02pm,
Welcome to the Bullshido Forums bahotae... Make sure you review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83) and add it to your user control panel so you can get the http://www.bullshido.net/images/dojoreview1.gif icon in your user info bar in your posts.

OZZ
6/07/2007 10:36pm,
Hi and welcome. There is a Bullshido member named Mongo who is in Japan, I believe. But I haven't noticed him on the boards in a while...

phuquedup
6/07/2007 10:40pm,
I wish this was a helpful reply, but its not really
I might wind up in Japan next year - kinda curious to hear what its like to train over there. Where are you, by the way?

bahotae
6/08/2007 12:25am,
I wish this was a helpful reply, but its not really
I might wind up in Japan next year - kinda curious to hear what its like to train over there. Where are you, by the way?

I train at Yokohama. Training here is OK. The only problem is the language barrier.

bahotae
6/08/2007 5:39am,
Hi and welcome. There is a Bullshido member named Mongo who is in Japan, I believe. But I haven't noticed him on the boards in a while...

Thanks. I pm'ed the guy but no response.

Thanks anyway.

phuquedup
6/08/2007 9:59am,
I train at Yokohama. Training here is OK. The only problem is the language barrier.

have you tried taking contact with anyone on any of the US bases in the area? I know you probably can't get on, but if you know anyone from there can always inquire about stuff like this.

wakinonioi
6/08/2007 10:05am,

I assume you're working on that though, right? Improving your Japanese might be more productive in the long term than looking for English-speaking training partners.

bahotae
6/08/2007 10:50am,
Thanks for everyone who's trying to help. I'm actually in the military(navy). I've been here in Japan for 7 years. I havent met anyone on base who actually trains MMA or knows what they're doing or anyone who is remotely interested in MMA. not just a wannabee. I see some guys with some MMA t-shirts and ask the if they train the most likely answer is no. The coversation ends there coz the guy avoids any other question.

The people I see here in the gym during my lunch break, who look like they're training Martial arts are just too stuck up to themselves, even though thru my observation they don't know a damn thing on what they're doing.

I'm just looking for someone to train with. With experience or No experience at all.

Someone to just practice some drills and techniques.

wakinonioi
6/08/2007 11:17am,
Wait a minute, you've been there for 7 years and you don't speak Japanese? What the heck is that?

bahotae
6/08/2007 11:28am,
Wait a minute, you've been there for 7 years and you don't speak Japanese? What the heck is that?

Gomenasai. Watashi wa Baka desu. Watashi wa hanashite ninhonggo sukoshi desu. Uchi no no shigoto no basu desu. Mainichi hanashitt eigo desu.

Domo arigato gozaimasu.

Gambatte Kudasai

You have a nice day

quorthon
6/08/2007 12:11pm,
I train at Pancrase Yokohama. I tried looking for the Shooto gym when I first moved here, but was never able to find it, and Pancrase is about a 5 minute walk from my work.

wakinonioi
6/08/2007 12:49pm,
If you can communicate at least at that basic level (assuming you didn't just go look it up to 'impress') then you should be able to communicate enough to effectively train, right? And in the meantime, you're working on improving, right?

bahotae
6/08/2007 4:42pm,
I train at Pancrase Yokohama. I tried looking for the Shooto gym when I first moved here, but was never able to find it, and Pancrase is about a 5 minute walk from my work.

Are you bz on the weekends?

If you can communicate at least at that basic level (assuming you didn't just go look it up to 'impress') then you should be able to communicate enough to effectively train, right? And in the meantime, you're working on improving, right?

Thats the best I can do with my Japanese. I only have the basic stuff down. Cant really hold a real conversation.

You all have a nice day.

wakinonioi
6/08/2007 4:55pm,
But you're working on it, right?

Gezere
6/08/2007 5:50pm,
Gomenasai. Watashi wa Baka desu. Watashi wa hanashite ninhonggo sukoshi desu. Uchi no no shigoto no basu desu. Mainichi hanashitt eigo desu.

Domo arigato gozaimasu.

Gambatte Kudasai

You have a nice day
A little!?!? After seven years you should be more proficient. I lived on the base and spoke english to my friends too but I ventured off the base and interacted with the locals often. What? No pillow dictionaries available? (joudan joudan yo)