PDA

View Full Version : The beast

The Two
5/26/2007 7:30pm,
Dan"The Beast " Severn came to Omaha last week on the 18th. I had a chance to meet with the man and ask him any chance at a return to the UFC? His response was simply "No." According to Dana White the UFC wants to "maintain the integrity of their hall of famers." Considering that Dan Severn could be called the hardest working man in mma. Or at least grappling. He competes in who knows how many mma and grapling tournaments. And he has managed to stay in fighting shape I mean the guy is pushing 50 but looks like he's in his thirties. So is what Dana White said fair? Especially since the Nevada state gamming commision allowed Shamrock to continue and is allowing Randy Couture to continue. It would be interesting to read the feedback about this.

Goju - Joe
5/26/2007 7:32pm,
Dan couldn't compete at a competitive level and would look silly trying at this point.

As much as I respect him Dana is right

Holy Moment
5/26/2007 7:44pm,
Anyone know about the association between Dan Severn and George Dillman?

Bladesinger
5/27/2007 12:10am,
And he has managed to stay in fighting shape I mean the guy is pushing 50 but looks like he's in his thirties.
He's not pushing 50, he'll be 53 in about 2 weeks. While he is still fighting and winning, and that is an accomplishment, he's beating alot of guys in thier first fights. Not the same as stepping back into the UFC at all.

Copperpot
6/01/2007 8:51am,
The majority of guys he's beating now a days are like 0-4 in their careers. He's get murdered against real talent in the UFC.

quorthon
6/01/2007 9:19am,
It's nice of Dana to spare him the embarassment, though you gotta wonder why he let Royce and Ken come back and get destroyed. It's more likely because most of Severn's fights were more boring than Sylvia at his worst, and if you matched him against somebody who wouldn't literally kill him in the ring, that's probably exactly what you'd get.

All that being said, tons of respect for the guy to still go out there and do well.

JohnnyCache
6/01/2007 9:20am,
Dan would have to get a hella payday to get back in the modern ring, I think he's probably more viable as a coach right now and knows it.

Hell of a guy, though, according to school-mates that have trained with him.

maurice
6/01/2007 12:38pm,
you gotta wonder why he let Royce and Ken come back and get destroyed

$$$

For whatever reason, people were willing to pay to see those two guys get beat down. Dana probably figures that nobody will buy a PPV to see Severn get his ass kicked, and he's probably right.