PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Launches new MMA coverage section

Wolf
5/25/2007 5:50pm,
Well, looks like they've fully given in. They're doing this in conjunction with Sherdog.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/index?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

Ke?poFist
5/25/2007 6:19pm,
WOW. And all we wanted was coverage on the topic....they go and give it it's own website. Awesome

meataxe
5/29/2007 2:24pm,
I even noticed articles on yahoo's home page before the Liddell v. Rampage fight.

Luan
5/29/2007 2:46pm,
I'm ecstatic they actually name it MMA not "Ultimate Fighting". Was worried for a while there...

PizDoff
5/29/2007 3:07pm,
MSN is the next one going to add a category for that.

I even noticed articles on yahoo's home page before the Liddell v. Rampage fight.

That's where I get some of my stories. That's more CFP or AFP stuff that Yahoo puts on for a bit.

Ryno
5/29/2007 7:23pm,
Sports Illustrated just had a big MMA article in their last issue, so don't be surprised if SI.com adds a mma section as well.

Wolf
5/29/2007 8:35pm,
I think I'm going to have to do a cartoon in the style of the old political ones. It would be a large guy with a shirt on that says MMA and big line of tiny people wearing shirts that say ESPN, YAHOO!, MSN, SI, etc. waiting to take their turn swinging on the MMA guys nuts.

TheMightyMcClaw
5/29/2007 9:50pm,
I'm happy to see a major news network actually covering mixed martial arts, and not just complaining about how it's ruining America. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKxxRsfpQs

negative
5/29/2007 11:09pm,
It's about time coverage started outside of OSQ and "The Ocho".

negative
5/29/2007 11:15pm,
I don't listen to a lot of talk radio, but I have a friend who does and he said they we discussing how MMA is overtaking boxing because now you only have to wait a month for a major event and most fights, even newcomers and no names, have a high chance of excitement and action. This discussion came on the heels of the De La Hoya / Mayweather "highly technical" = "highly boring" 12 round fiasco. I wish I could remember the talk show, but alas...

Bladesinger
5/30/2007 12:03am,
I think I'm going to have to do a cartoon in the style of the old political ones. It would be a large guy with a shirt on that says MMA and big line of tiny people wearing shirts that say ESPN, YAHOO!, MSN, SI, etc. waiting to take their turn swinging on the MMA guys nuts.

Please do....pretty please?