PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the Bujinkan dust

Shinkengata
5/25/2007 3:12pm,
Or, at least mostly.

I haven't been able to continue Bujinkan training for the past year and a half due to geographical location, so I've just stuck with training what I know. Of course, that only goes so far. To make matters worse, no one in the area is responsive to advertising for classes.

Some time ago, I learned that a pro MMA fighter and trainer lived and trained in the same county I currently call home. I've known about this for awhile, but being the indecisive, procrastinating individual I am, I didn't do anything about it.

For a while now, I've been coming to quite a few realizations, and I've been slowly becoming disillusioned with a lot of the bullshit I've been seeing. So I tracked down the fighter here in town, and we discussed training.

Now I'm beginning training, and I've made it clear that I am training for purposes other than the ring (although I have no immediate intentions of having an asphalt scrap, **** does happen). However, I'll see how things go, and I might compete in a few amateur matches if it's something I feel like I want to do.

I packed up my gi and my belt. I don't plan on wearing them any time soon. I may still train with the Bujinkan when I have the chance, but it'll be in workout clothes, not Ninjer gear, and it will be resistence-based. **** this "Don't use strength." ****. I'm young, and I can build up strength, endurance, and power. When I get to an age where I don't have so much of that anymore, then I'll worry about fighting without strength, speed, power and endurance. In the meantime, I'll develop and use them while I have them.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get it out there.

kohadril
5/25/2007 3:33pm,
Cool. I think this may be better suited to newbietown, but if that's the case a mod will move you there. Welcome to MMA (from a fellow noob) and to Bullshido.

Ke?poFist
5/25/2007 3:36pm,
Who's the pro-fighter? Any big name, or a local boy? Either way, good luck, hope you enjoy your training.

Shinkengata
5/25/2007 4:33pm,
He's not a big name, but he has a few under his belt.

Here he is.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=7990

ojgsxr6
5/25/2007 4:59pm,
Does that mean we'll have a part 2 of the Ninja Diary?

Shinkengata
5/25/2007 5:00pm,
It's a possibility.

kendamu
5/25/2007 5:23pm,
That would make my day! No... life!

Virus
5/25/2007 7:06pm,
Gongrats on finding your way out of the bujinkan.

kwoww
5/25/2007 7:16pm,
Never heard of Aaron Jameson, but I'm sure you'll fare well under a pro fighter. Good luck!

Actually, do you have any gems from your Bujinkan training in particular that might be fun to share?

Virus
5/25/2007 7:31pm,
Actually, do you have any gems from your Bujinkan training in particular that might be fun to share?

Yes please tell. It's for a good cause.

colonelpong2
5/25/2007 10:25pm,
Another refugee crosses the iron curtain to a better life...

Shinkengata
5/29/2007 12:24pm,
In all honesty, I don't bear any hard feelings towards my Bujinkan instructors, and it wasn't them in particular that caused the desire for separation, it was the organization in whole, and the collective approach. I still respect my Bujinkan instructor(s) and hold their friendship in high regard, but this was just a case of me going where my needs led me.

dweidman
5/29/2007 1:51pm,
Best of luck with your new path.

-Daniel