PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lancashire

hortonric
5/25/2007 2:17pm,
I am from East Lancashire, the cold, grey, drab, drizzle-blighted, withered heart of England. I do some TJF Jitsu and some Judo. I am here because its Friday and I,m at home

AikidoBot
5/25/2007 2:18pm,
Welcome aboard, hortonric! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

Abusivemelon
5/25/2007 2:48pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. We need more English here. Those Americans are so uncouth.

Lu Tze
5/25/2007 2:56pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

How long have you been training?

RunningDog
5/25/2007 3:02pm,
Move down south it's sunny. Expensive but sunny.

sochin101
5/25/2007 3:09pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.
Isn't east Lancashire Yorkshire? ;-)

Lu Tze
5/25/2007 3:13pm,
Cheeky! There's a little thing called the penines in the way, it's what we use to keep all (most) of the rain out.

hortonric
5/25/2007 5:14pm,
In no particular order

I have been training about 4 years. I have come to MA's rather late in life.

Yes there are parts of East Lancashire that would love to be in Yorkshire

The south is indeed sunny. Sadly it is populated with southerners.

slideyfoot
5/26/2007 2:19am,
Welcome to Bullshido!

Normally this is when I'd ask if you'd be interested in attending a throwdown (open mat, basically) in Birmingham (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1399802&postcount=126), but as its in a few hours, that's probably a little short notice. :icon_wink

However, should be another later in the year. There was going to be one in Grimsby (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47364) earlier this year, which has been delayed due to medical problems - should hopefully be rescheduled for sometime this Winter. There's also one in Bratislava (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48854) in September, but that's rather further to go.

RunningDog
5/26/2007 7:05am,
In no particular order

I have been training about 4 years. I have come to MA's rather late in life.

Yes there are parts of East Lancashire that would love to be in Yorkshire

The south is indeed sunny. Sadly it is populated with southerners.

Is that a fact.

I propose a 'north vs south' themed Throwdown meet, where we can sort the fairies from the monkies once and for all.

sochin101
5/26/2007 7:13am,
I'm a furry monkey... do I win £5?

Iscariot
5/26/2007 9:39am,
Is that a fact.

I propose a 'north vs south' themed Throwdown meet, where we can sort the fairies from the monkies once and for all.
I'd be up for that, we'll sort something out for '08, get everybody along.

I think the South will win the fighting, you lot have better grapplers, but in the bar afterwards it's going to be a massacre. The North, round one by shandy KO.

RunningDog
5/26/2007 9:46am,
Actually slideyfoot counts as a southener and he's pretty handy with a glass of wine let me tell you.

Iscariot
5/26/2007 10:00am,
Slidey's an academic, you get issued the abilty to drink wine with your library card.

We'll have to hold it somewhere decent, that serves real ale.

slideyfoot
5/27/2007 4:39am,
Actually slideyfoot counts as a southener and he's pretty handy with a glass of wine let me tell you.
As long as there are French barmen present to chat me up.

I guess I did live in Cleveland for 10 years or so (Eaglescliffe and Yarm), but my accent is definitely Southern nancy.