PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter Season 5 Episode 8: Phrost Is Packing For The Throwdown and Late

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Phrost
5/24/2007 10:00pm,
:car9:

Gezere
5/24/2007 10:03pm,
THAT is what I want to see out of TUF competitiors. The elbow was a mistake and its a shame that it happened, but Joe was still a stellar sportsman. Good on ya Joe.

vinhthekid
5/24/2007 10:03pm,
hot holy ****. that was a great fight. great jiu jitsu. but damn, that was bad luck about that elbow.

Teh El Macho
5/24/2007 10:13pm,
****, too bad about the elbow. I feel bad for both Cole and Joe. Certainly not the way either one wanted the fight to go.

Ok, time for drama. I missed the beginning of the show, and only saw Noah being slammed on the concrete. What the **** happened and why were these embarrasing dumb fucks fighting for?

For one thing, it's certainly giving yet more neg rep to MMA, and second, we are going to see all the d34dl3y saying "SEEE??? SEEE???? GRAPPLING DOESN'T WORK ON THE STR33T!!!"

Tangerine
5/24/2007 10:16pm,
What happened with an elbow? I just saw a bit of it on mute while my Tivo recorded it...looked like Joe won and Cole was sent out in an ambulance...

Tangerine
5/24/2007 10:21pm,
For one thing, it's certainly giving yet more neg rep to MMA, and second, we are going to see all the d34dl3y saying "SEEE??? SEEE???? GRAPPLING DOESN'T WORK ON THE STR33T!!!"

Exactly. Just the other day I was reading a post from some guy in the "body weight culture" forums. Claimed he had two years BJJ experience but also claimed that in a r34l fight he would nuetralize BJJ by pushing his knuckle into the guys ribs or by simply punching him in the throat at 30 MPH...I mean...wow.

WhiteShark
5/24/2007 10:22pm,
Wow a positive and negative display of MMA fighters in one episode!

Goju - Joe
5/24/2007 10:23pm,
Basically Joe hit Cole in the back of the head with an elbow which is illegal and stunned the daylights out of Cole.

Cole could have "and should have" said he was unable to continue.

Which I think would have made Cole the winner via DQ but he didn't

He's one tough SOB

I am glad he didn't. The elbow was also caused be Cole turtling and rolling over to avoid Joe pounding him which he was doing.

So Joe deserved to win.

Pandinha
5/24/2007 10:27pm,
That was a very hard fight for me to watch. Who doesn't love Joe? Watching him beat on a teammate was hard though.

It was a great fight, and I hope those two get to do it again.

Shuma-Gorath
5/24/2007 10:34pm,
Sucks that the fight had to go south over an illegal elbow, but Joe still showed very smart back control afterward. Most guys go around to the front or side when guys turtle like that and it makes no sense to me.

Hopefully Cole will be back. He has top-notch guardwork.

Teh El Macho
5/24/2007 10:40pm,
Exactly. Just the other day I was reading a post from some guy in the "body weight culture" forums. Claimed he had two years BJJ experience but also claimed that in a r34l fight he would nuetralize BJJ by pushing his knuckle into the guys ribs or by simply punching him in the throat at 30 MPH...I mean...wow.
When it comes to martial arts discussions, the forums at bodyweightculture and extremefitness are a festering infection of Retardafuckus atrox. Actually, I take that back, most topics being discussed over there have a high grunt-to-signal ratio.

So what exactly caused Mr. Invincible and Noah to go at it?

Goju - Joe
5/24/2007 10:41pm,
So what exactly caused Mr. Invincible and Noah to go at it?

Booze + stoopidity

vinhthekid
5/24/2007 10:43pm,
anthony... how'd you do in your fight?

bearich
5/24/2007 11:04pm,
Ok, time for drama. I missed the beginning of the show, and only saw Noah being slammed on the concrete. What the **** happened and why were these embarrasing dumb fucks fighting for?

Fight Recap (thanks to the wonders of DVR)

To sum it up Sims was drunk and talking ****. Noah claims he wasn't drunk (which would just make him an idiot. Sims walked over and tried to flip the chair Noah was sitting in. **** was exchanged and they squared up for a fight.

Sims stuck his chin out and goaded Noah into slugging him to show how tough he was. Noah took the bait and immediately went into a takedown following the punch. They wrestled for a second then stood up, Noah took a weak knee to the gut on the way up.

Some stand up wrestling trying to jockey for position. Noah leaps on Sims, wraps his legs around Sims and tries to go for a guillotine. Sims responds by slamming him to the ground on top of some pebble garden. Noah immediately pulls a closed guard then transitions to an arm bar. Sims lifts him off the ground and sets him back down to the ground below (grassy area, the concrete comes later) which causes Noah to release the arm bar. Noah eats six punches and works an a poor arm bar in. Sims picks him up and slams him to the ground below.

Camera cuts away to the others so you miss the next 20-30 seconds or so. Camera returns, Sims still in an armbar but manages to get out.

Sims arises and tries to end the fight saying he doesn't want to get kicked out for fighting a few times. Noah responds by throwing a right high kick that gets partially deflected by Sims.

More **** talking by both Sims and Noah. Noah starts to head inside and extends a hand to end the fight. Sims, after a couple of seconds, responds with a series of punches that topples Noah over onto the concrete. Sims throws a knee at Noah who catches it after the strike and takes Sims down into a guard position. Sims immediately kicks his way back up to a standing position and Noah arises as well. Noah throws a right front kick as Sims is bent over and connects with his head - Sims goes down.

Noah pulls guard and goes for a guillotine again. Looks like Sims manages to break free with an attempted eye rake. Noah transitions to an arm bar. Sims picks him up and slams him to the concrete ground twice, thus releasing the arm bar. Sims throws another punch for good measure.

Noah arises. More **** talking ensues. End of fight.

Teh El Macho
5/24/2007 11:16pm,
Holy ****, I did miss all the action. Oh well.

Pandinha
5/24/2007 11:47pm,
anthony... how'd you do in your fight?

I lost.

We'll fight again when it's sanctioned, and not so underground. After seeing Cole take an elbow to the back of the head, I feel better about being able to take 10 plus shots to the back of my head during my fight before saying **** it and tapping out.