PDA

View Full Version : $$$

Uri Shatil
5/09/2007 5:45pm,
How much money is too much for a monthly tuition? Let's say, in some crazy hypothetical, that I was training at a BJJ school that charged $100 a month for two lessons a week, plus a Saturday morning open mat that I can't fit into my schedule. Would that be too much? $12.50 a lesson? I don't think so, but I'm kind of unsure. If I could have a hand, please?

AikidoBot
5/09/2007 5:46pm,
We knew you could do it! Uri Shatil posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

aaaargh
5/09/2007 6:03pm,
If you can afford it, then why worry about what's "too much?" If you can't, then it is.

G8
5/09/2007 6:58pm,
depends on the school, but that's fairly cheap for top-level instruction in a big city.

Roidie McDouchebag
5/09/2007 7:02pm,
If I'm paying more than $5, I feel a little ripped off, but you should look at the overhead of the school. How much is their rent/lease? How much worth of equipment (mats, etc) have they paid for? How much is the instructor's rent/mortgage on his house?

If you're living in an area where rent/leases are high, then the cost should be more, and $100/month is fine. If you're in an area where rent/lease is cheap and it's still $100, then...

Uri Shatil
5/09/2007 7:12pm,
Newton, MA. Real estate there might as well be built on gold-paved roads. With golden grass growing in the lawns. With walls made of gold. And the dirt is also pure gold. With gold buried underneath it.

Roidie McDouchebag
5/09/2007 8:01pm,
LOL, ok, then it sounds like the price is reasonable.