PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

T3hJudoChop
5/01/2007 8:36am,
This weekend. Anyone got picks? I'm pulling for De La Hoya, but I feel Mayweather may just outpoint him.

PirateJon
5/01/2007 11:15am,
PBF in 10. Oscar is good, but not that good and mayweather will eventually land enough shots to wear him down.

Can't wait though. Should be a great fight.

hoodedmonk
5/01/2007 12:13pm,
Oscar by late round tko!

Fighting Cephalopod
5/01/2007 12:58pm,
PBF in 10. Oscar is good, but not that good and mayweather will eventually land enough shots to wear him down.

Can't wait though. Should be a great fight.

If you think Oscar, who has only been KOed once in his entire career, is gonna get KOed by PBF, who couldn't even knock Judah down, you are fucking high.

Mayweather may win, but if he does it'll be a 12 round decision.

JimmyZ
5/01/2007 12:59pm,
It's telling that this thread only has a few replies so far, and the other thread (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53799) about Sherk-Mayweather, which isn't even a real event yet, has gotten so much feedback. Granted, this is an MMA community and the other thread is older.

I'm going to say De La Hoya wins, out of the hope that it boosts his promotional company and makes him a bigger promoter in the future, with the further hope that as a former fighter, he gives future fighters a better deal.

I'm a hopeful guy. Life conspires to take it out of me, but I'm still hanging on.

T3hJudoChop
5/01/2007 1:14pm,
If you think Oscar, who has only been KOed once in his entire career, is gonna get KOed by PBF, who couldn't even knock Judah down, you are fucking high.

Mayweather may win, but if he does it'll be a 12 round decision.

I was thinking the same as far as a Mayweather victory. I only see Mayweather stopping ODH if ODH lets too many unaswered punches go and the ref steps in. Even that seems like an unlikely scenario, imo.

PirateJon
5/01/2007 1:19pm,
I was thinking the same as far as a Mayweather victory. I only see Mayweather stopping ODH if ODH lets too many unaswered punches go and the ref steps in. Even that seems like an unlikely scenario, imo.

I was thinking stoppage / TKO rather than KO.

Think about it... DLH takes hits but not enough to stop him, ref calls the fight for PBF, big controversy for the rematch.

PizDoff
5/01/2007 1:47pm,
It's telling that this thread only has a few replies so far, and the other thread (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53799) about Sherk-Mayweather, which isn't even a real event yet, has gotten so much feedback.

I can't really get excited about boxing these days.
With the exception of the Gatti fight later on this summer, I probably won't watch anymore boxing other than this fight.

T3hJudoChop
5/01/2007 1:55pm,
I can't really get excited about boxing these days.
With the exception of the Gatti fight later on this summer, I probably won't watch anymore boxing other than this fight.

Juan Diaz talked about wanting to fight Pacquiao. Would love to see that fight if it ever goes down.

Eldarbong
5/01/2007 2:01pm,
Oscar by late round tko!
I second this. It may be wishful thinking, but I don't care.

Ecks
5/01/2007 2:44pm,
Mayweather either by points or ref stoppage in a mid to late round. Or, I secretly hope, ODLH left hook hurts/drops Mayweather, puts him on the ropes, then stoppage or TKO. The odds of that are really low, but I'll be too drunk to care. What better way to waste your birthday then drowning yourself in alcohol and watching what little glory is left in the sport you once loved =/

From Bell2Bell
5/01/2007 3:07pm,
I'd love see a big KO for DLH, but I don't expect it to happen. Mayweather by unanimous decision.

alex
5/01/2007 3:22pm,
pretty boy by decision. too fast.

nastyned
5/01/2007 3:37pm,
De La Hoya by stoppage - big guy's beat little guys.

UpaLumpa
5/01/2007 4:02pm,
DLH is too big and Mayweather not fast enough to offset that for your (edit: the mayweather win via tko) scenario.
DLH is far more comfortable than Mayweather at 154.

ojgsxr6
5/01/2007 4:03pm,
Floyd by decision, De La Hoya is too old and hasn't beat anyone good in forever.