PDA

View Full Version : Fedor, how would you coach to beat him?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Coach Josh
4/29/2007 5:31pm,
Here is the challenge your best heavywieght has been tapped to face Fedor. Aside from conditioning and stregnth training how you would gameplan the fight?

Standing
Takedowns
Ground

The main strategy I would implement is make the fight last till the last second. I would make it a point to not go for the knock out or swing for the fences. A constant pressure should be placed on him.

Standing keep punches crisp and short. Throw 2-3 punch combos always and break rhythm. Don't repeat a sequence back to back. Fedor can pick up on tendacies too quick. No kicks in the first round. After the first round slowy add kicks into the combos. Mainly using legs kicks to finish off a combo set don't lead with one. Focus all damage to one eye. Work on pinpointing shots for maximum damage. Slip to his outside when he starts winging those big punches trying to get to his back for the takedown.

Stay out of the clinch and use uppercuts and elbows, if allowed, to escape it. Allowing Fedor to control this point of the fight will get you destroyed.

In order to take him down you must use strikes to gain entry. When that right hand loads change levels. Shoot for the double but continue to his back from the double leg. This should get you in position at least on the side clinch which will make him more managable. If you can take his back standing drive him straight down.

Once on the ground take Fedor's strategy and start pounding. But work from side control only. Whip punches towards his head still working on an eye. When the situation gets uncomforatable or they feel side control slipping move away and don't allow him the chance to sweep or change position. The possibility to submit him is high if your giving him the punches. Making it the last thing he expects much like Hunt did in his fight.

The fighter can't stop he has to set the pace from the ring of the bell. Not a fast pace but a contunious attack sequence. Too slow allows Fedor time to think too fast and he counters to quickly.

Frustraction is the key. Constantly attacking him from different angles and not sticking to a single attack area, striking or submission. Plan the fight to last the whole time. Force him to be on the defensive the whole fight and guessing where your coming from next.

alex
4/29/2007 5:34pm,
id be spending a lot of time at the rifle range

meataxe
4/29/2007 5:49pm,
I'd give my fighter a good talk about how winning isn't everything and how it really is an honour just to compete.

MacWombat
4/29/2007 5:52pm,
I'd clone Fedor and give the clone roids.

Nickeroon1987
4/29/2007 6:26pm,
Train shoryukens and hadoukens extensively.

Schattenfaust
4/29/2007 6:27pm,
It'd be a very difficult fight, but I'd probably use the same strategy the OP proposed, if only because it sounds like it would work from what I've seen of Fedor. If my hypothetical fighter were taller than Fedor, I'd want him to use his reach, too. Don't let Fedor get too close.

MrMcFu
4/29/2007 6:35pm,
The guy gets suplexed on his head and looks like he just got a neck massage. I'm not sure there is much one can do, accept to fight according to one's strength.

Schattenfaust
4/29/2007 7:34pm,
Eh, either way, he's just a man, and he's been beaten before. He can be defeated, it would just be one hell of a fight and most likely a decision or stoppage.

Ke?poFist
4/29/2007 7:44pm,
Eh, either way, he's just a man, and he's been beaten before. He can be defeated, it would just be one hell of a fight and most likely a decision or stoppage.

He has?

ViciousFlamingo
4/29/2007 7:47pm,
He has?
He lost due to a cut stoppage. By a guy who he later beat.

As for beating Fedor...seek divine intervention. From a deity not currently supporting him.

PointyShinyBurn
4/29/2007 7:48pm,
He has?Not really. He was caught with an illegal elbow, which cut him for a stoppage. He was fighting in a one-night tournament though, so since he couldn't fight again his opponent had to be declared the winner.

Ecks
4/29/2007 8:23pm,
You would have to land a Fujita like bomb, except harder than Fujita did. Fedor does not have a weak chin, but it's not the hardest chin either. He can be rocked, it's just that he's so slick it's pretty much impossible unless you are a world class striker or get lucky.

Somehow, you have to catch Fedor with a haymaker when he leasts expects it. This'll stagger him, at which point you have to act freakishly fast in order to GnP him (highly unlikely) or submit him while he's still woozy.

In short, you need to be slightly superhuman.

Eldarbong
4/29/2007 8:32pm,
I would pull some cloak and dagger, KGB-esque **** and spike fedor's water with mercury. Putin would approve of this tactic I am sure.

Schattenfaust
4/29/2007 8:34pm,
Not really. He was caught with an illegal elbow, which cut him for a stoppage. He was fighting in a one-night tournament though, so since he couldn't fight again his opponent had to be declared the winner. That's still considered a loss.

kick
4/29/2007 9:08pm,
But work from side control only.

All respect to the thread, I like it, but how the hell do you get Fedor in side control, and if by some chance you do, how do you keep him there?

alex
4/29/2007 10:05pm,
That's still considered a loss.

Not in the context we are talking about though. He "lost" because in that fight someone had to continue, otherwise it would have been ruled a no contest or a DQ. so to say hes not unbeatable because he "lost" that particular fight is a fucking moronic thing to say given the circumstances.

I mean obviously no one is unbeatable but to pass off his loss as "no matter how he lost he lost" is pretty fucking stupid.