PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Games

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

KhanomTom
4/17/2007 2:58pm,
Which fighting games contain the most realistic Martial Arts techniques?

Koehn4president
4/17/2007 3:27pm,
tekken all the way baby

Emevas
4/17/2007 4:19pm,
You want the realist fake fighting possible? WTF dude, just go spar.

Koehn4president
4/17/2007 4:32pm,
but on a serious note, fight night round 3. Thats easily the most well done sports game on the market.

From Bell2Bell
4/17/2007 4:37pm,
but on a serious note, fight night round 3. Thats easily the most well done sports game on the market.

Awesome game! That's probably the only one that comes close to trying to mimic reality.

SucksAtKicks
4/17/2007 4:40pm,
Marvel Vs Capcom.

Emevas
4/17/2007 4:50pm,
Awesome game! That's probably the only one that comes close to trying to mimic reality.

I especially like scoring 17 illegal elbow shots and then smashing him with the left hook over and over again until his face looks like something out of Total Recall.

MoooveZiiig
4/17/2007 4:53pm,
I'd say Virtua Figther 4 is the most realistic one as far as moves go.

Neildo
4/17/2007 4:54pm,
Def Jam 2 yo.

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/def-jam-vendetta-4.jpg

Word, RNC fo sheezy.

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/def_jam.jpg

GNP homies. That **** is tight.

Lebell
4/17/2007 4:57pm,
any GTA game

Emevas
4/17/2007 4:58pm,
Oh yeah, I also knocked out Jake LaMotta in one round in Fight Night R3. Totally realistic.

I just watched PacMan KO Ali.

Epicurus
4/17/2007 5:00pm,
Fight Night round 3 is pretty good, although if boxers actually could take as many shots as you can in that game, I think they might have to start putting brass knuckles on top of the gloves.

I love playing FN round 3 and landing like four hooks in a row, followed by a haymaker righ hand to the jaw, and the guy's like a LITTLE dizzy.

Def Jam fight for NY at least has some submissions in it, though of course most of the moves are pretty hyperbolic, it's possible to create a fighter whose moves are technically correct (i.e. boxing hands, MT kicks/knees, armbar/RNC).

The UFC games were good in that they had grappling, although you could (easily) reverse EVERY move in the entire game, including punches, leading to some aikido-esque scenarios.

I hear Pride FC is good but I no have PS3.

In terms of realism: Kakuto Chojin is awful. DOA 1-whatever is awful except maybe two characters (Like Bayman or Leon, who has a double-leg takedown to mount to armbar or GnP move). Tekken is mostly awful, although a few characters may have realistic moves, the high-level strategies in Tekken are to hit people up into the air and keep them flying with jabs and whatnot. I like Tekken, but 90% of the characters use styles and moves which are straight out of a fairy tale.

In other words, it's slim pickings. I like to eke out what little bits of realism are hidden in each fighting game. I wish there were more games that at least featured submissions and grappling prominently, in the style of the UFC or PRIDE games.

Actually, I think the market might be ripe for UFC to release another game... a good one this time.

Epicurus
4/17/2007 5:01pm,
Oh, and who could forget David Douiellet's Judo.

Emevas
4/17/2007 5:04pm,
Fight Night round 3 is pretty good, although if boxers actually could take as many shots as you can in that game, I think they might have to start putting brass knuckles on top of the gloves.

I love playing FN round 3 and landing like four hooks in a row, followed by a haymaker righ hand to the jaw, and the guy's like a LITTLE dizzy.

Def Jam fight for NY at least has some submissions in it, though of course most of the moves are pretty hyperbolic, it's possible to create a fighter whose moves are technically correct (i.e. boxing hands, MT kicks/knees, armbar/RNC).

The UFC games were good in that they had grappling, although you could (easily) reverse EVERY move in the entire game, including punches, leading to some aikido-esque scenarios.

I hear Pride FC is good but I no have PS3.

In terms of realism: Kakuto Chojin is awful. DOA 1-whatever is awful except maybe two characters (Like Bayman or Leon, who has a double-leg takedown to mount to armbar or GnP move). Tekken is mostly awful, although a few characters may have realistic moves, the high-level strategies in Tekken are to hit people up into the air and keep them flying with jabs and whatnot. I like Tekken, but 90% of the characters use styles and moves which are straight out of a fairy tale.

In other words, it's slim pickings. I like to eke out what little bits of realism are hidden in each fighting game. I wish there were more games that at least featured submissions and grappling prominently, in the style of the UFC or PRIDE games.

Actually, I think the market might be ripe for UFC to release another game... a good one this time.

Dude, the UFC games are the best robot humping simulators on the market, wtf are you talking about?

Koehn4president
4/17/2007 5:08pm,
Fight Night is the most realistic technique wise, you don't see any moves that you haven't seen boxers use to some degree in reality. Now granted the strategy is nothing like real boxing, but hey, at least yor not juggling people till they go unconscious

Neildo
4/17/2007 5:22pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7X3Boq8BY

WooOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFfqmFTjBZM