PDA

View Full Version : Sherk vs Mayweather?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Ke?poFist
4/16/2007 7:07pm,
Anyone hear anything about Dana White offering Floyd Mayweather 2million bucks to fight Sherk in the UFC? I saw some talk of it over on Sherdog, but I gots no sources.

Ke?poFist
4/16/2007 7:08pm,
On a similar vein James Toney has called out the UFC, specifically Randy and Chuck to fight him. http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=1256

“UFC is not ready for someone like me. I am too violent.”

“If they want to make it boxer vs. UFC, if Dana White has the balls, like he does on TV, he can call Dan Goossen and we can make it happen. I will fight Randy Couture or Chuck Lindell.”

“99 percent of boxers who would go in UFC would probably get their ass whooped. But I am one percent, I never got my ass whooped.”

SpringHeeledJack
4/16/2007 7:13pm,
Oh man, I'd really like to see either one of those fights happen

mrsumo
4/16/2007 7:31pm,
I havn't heard that but I'll check the other sites. I am looking forward to de la hoya V Mayweather. I wonder how old Oscar will do after the layoff.

On a similar note, did anyone see that Calzaghe v Manfredo fight? I don't know quite what to make of it. I can see why the fight was called but it really looked like Calzahe had nothing behind his punches. His punches come non stop but it's like a maching gun shooting marshmellows. All speed and no umph! I only bring this up because he is calling out mayweather and a few other americans.

kracker
4/16/2007 7:59pm,
Anyone hear anything about Dana White offering Floyd Mayweather 2million bucks to fight Sherk in the UFC? I saw some talk of it over on Sherdog, but I gots no sources.

Man. if I was Sherk I would consider throwing the fight on purpose just to spite Dana. $2 million?!! **** no UFC fighter makes anything close to that and this cocky boxer talks smack and he gets payed 10x better than Cro Cop?!! That **** aint right. If I was any MMA fighter I'd be really pissed Dana is even considering this and not massively raising my own salary (if I was a fighter)

Teh El Macho
4/16/2007 8:01pm,
Kracker, you are nuts.

Lars
4/16/2007 8:05pm,
Hmm, Sherk would not be my choice of MMA representative. Eh, he'd probably finish a boxer anyway, but...

Ke?poFist
4/16/2007 8:07pm,
Man. if I was Sherk I would consider throwing the fight on purpose just to spite Dana. $2 million?!! **** no UFC fighter makes anything close to that and this cocky boxer talks smack and he gets payed 10x better than Cro Cop?!! That **** aint right. If I was any MMA fighter I'd be really pissed Dana is even considering this and not massively raising my own salary (if I was a fighter)

Not so sure about those figures on being 10x more than Cro Cop, but nonetheless look at what this has the opportunity of doing? You get a top boxer like Mayweather crying uncle on the UFC, just think of the raise in prestige MMA and UFC will get. Think of the endorsements. I think some pay raises would be in order for all UFC fighters with that kind of publicity.

Ke?poFist
4/16/2007 8:08pm,
Hmm, Sherk would not be my choice of MMA representative. Eh, he'd probably finish a boxer anyway, but...

Sherk is the current champ at his weight class. My guess is that Mayweather is around that weight. Not to mention a non-top 10 fighter beating a champion boxer is in Dana's favor.

kracker
4/16/2007 8:22pm,
No no, you guys are right it would totally be worth it to **** up Mayweather and I can't wait to see the fight if and when it happens. However it is not unreasonable to say Mayweather would make actually more than 10x more than CroCop because for his last fight he only made $150,000. It's nothing to sneeze at obviously but it's no $2 million and if you consider how hard these guys train, at least as hard as baseball/football/boxing etc who make ridiculously more than them, it just doesn't seem fair. I don't know what Sherk makes but I doubt it's significantly more than CroCop.

alex
4/16/2007 8:30pm,
loser cry about **** not being fair, winners do what they want and listen to rock music

Lars
4/16/2007 8:37pm,
Sherk is the current champ at his weight class. My guess is that Mayweather is around that weight. Not to mention a non-top 10 fighter beating a champion boxer is in Dana's favor.I understand the reasons. I was just thinking that given Mayweather's comments it might be preferable to find someone who would beat him with a pretty submission, rather than GnP (not that Sherk can't submit a boxer). Really, I just wanted to see an overconfident boxer choked out by a guy with rainbow spandex pants.

Teh El Macho
4/16/2007 8:56pm,
Meh, I'd prefer to see Maywheater being GnP'ed into submission, with nasty elbow cuts, a broken nose (and hopefully a broken jaw.)

Remember that clip from the old UFC where a WC guy was pounded into submission by a Judo/Boxing guy? (can'f find the link to it)... anyways, that's how I'd like to see Mayweather being submitted... or like Tank Abbott vs Matua.

Regardless of Mayweather's skills as a fighter, because of his ignorant ****-talking, he deserves to end like any of these:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vh3JOPm28JI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3JOPm28JI

Lars
4/16/2007 9:13pm,
Ohhhh, so that's why Tank Abbott has fans.
I guess I'll give in and agree (sorry I've let you down, internet). There's no denying the finality of a loss by beatdown.

Stick
4/16/2007 9:33pm,
Sean Sherk is more than capable of taking Mayweather down and submitting him or beating him into an unrecognizable, bloody mess.

Personally I vote for unrecognizable bloody mess beating followed by humiliatingly showy submission; like Sherk could get the omoplata, and before finishing it out he could spank Mayweather a couple times.

Same with the one whose name I've never heard. **** him, he can't even get me to remember who he is by trying to call out people that could kill him. Pathetic attempt to get my attention is pathetic.

DARKSON
4/16/2007 9:34pm,
I havn't heard that but I'll check the other sites. I am looking forward to de la hoya V Mayweather. I wonder how old Oscar will do after the layoff.

On a similar note, did anyone see that Calzaghe v Manfredo fight? I don't know quite what to make of it. I can see why the fight was called but it really looked like Calzahe had nothing behind his punches. His punches come non stop but it's like a maching gun shooting marshmellows. All speed and no umph! I only bring this up because he is calling out mayweather and a few other americans.

Calzaghe has a very high KO %. More like a machine gun shooting acorns or something else that will **** you up fairly nicely.