PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Noob

Pages : [1] 2

Bayou
4/13/2007 5:00pm,
Hey guys.

I've been training BJJ, Muay Thai and MMA since about January, and just ran across this most excellent forum. I'm also an English student and will be pursuing my MFA in Screenwriting at UCLA in the Fall.

What forum should I post in with regards to finding a good, affordable school that offers the aforementioned martial arts in the Los Angeles area?

GhostOfKimura
4/13/2007 5:01pm,
Welcome to the Bullshido Forums Bayou... Make sure you review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83) and add it to your user control panel so you can get the http://www.bullshido.net/images/dojoreview1.gif icon in your user info bar in your posts.

Phrost
4/13/2007 6:32pm,
This'd be a good forum for that.

Actually, this thread would be good for it. Finding a good school in LA is like hitting the broad side of a barn. But I'm sure people will have more specific advice for you.

Bayou
4/13/2007 9:18pm,
This'd be a good forum for that.

Actually, this thread would be good for it. Finding a good school in LA is like hitting the broad side of a barn. But I'm sure people will have more specific advice for you.

I've no doubt there are lots of good schools, but I was hoping for one that's also reasonably priced (does the phrase "reasonably priced" even exist in L.A.?).

Knave
4/13/2007 9:35pm,
Greetings.

Where in Louisiana?

Bayou
4/13/2007 9:35pm,
Greetings.

Where in Louisiana?

Right now, Baton Rouge.

Knave
4/13/2007 9:39pm,
Greetings.

Where in BR are you training?

Bayou
4/13/2007 9:58pm,
Greetings.

Where in BR are you training?

Gladiators Academy. It's about the only good place I know of in the area. In fact, for MMA crosstraining, it's the only place I know of in the whole state.

Knave
4/13/2007 10:09pm,
Greetings.

What's your name and can you give me a physical description of yourself? If you don't mind me asking..

pauli
4/13/2007 10:27pm,
Gladiators Academy. It's about the only good place I know of in the area. In fact, for MMA crosstraining, it's the only place I know of in the whole state.
heh. i think my instructor trains there when he's down there for work.

Phrost
4/14/2007 12:07am,
Greetings.

What's your name and can you give me a physical description of yourself? If you don't mind me asking..

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Knave
4/14/2007 12:25am,
Greetings.

Cuz I train there and am curious if he's someone I know/recognize duh.

Bayou
4/14/2007 11:09am,
Greetings.

Cuz I train there and am curious if he's someone I know/recognize duh.

I don't like giving out my name on the internet for obvious reasons, but if you do train there, you might recognize me as the tall guy who wears a lot of tennis shirts.

Knave
4/14/2007 4:09pm,
Greetings.

Shrug, too hard for me to place based on that info. But anyway I'm a lanky pasty kind of guy with overly fluffy hair who does 90% gi bjj if that rings any bells.

Bayou
4/14/2007 5:02pm,
Greetings.

Shrug, too hard for me to place based on that info. But anyway I'm a lanky pasty kind of guy with overly fluffy hair who does 90% gi bjj if that rings any bells.

You wouldn't be Evan, would you?

Knave
4/14/2007 5:22pm,
Greetings.

Close. Andy.

Well, not "close" close, but close as in we're both lanky and do alot of gi work.