PDA

View Full Version : Dan Harden??

Pages : [1] 2

ChristopherHein
4/01/2007 10:22pm,
Hey does anyone know about this Fellow "Dan Harden".

He's all over the net, on a lot of forums. Does anyone know who is teachers are, or where he teaches?

Thanks
Christopher Hein

WarriorOfLuv
4/01/2007 11:08pm,
From what I know, he's a Koryu kenjutsu guy that uses body conditioning methods found within his art and uses it for MMA.

hate2beU
4/02/2007 12:37am,

He's all over the net, on a lot of forums. Does anyone know who is teachers are, or where he teaches?

Thanks
Christopher Hein

Why don't you ask him directly ? You seem to know where he goes.

ChristopherHein
4/02/2007 12:39am,
He won't answer directly. I've asked and asked.

Conde Koma
11/22/2009 5:51pm,
sorry to dredge this up, but it's been a couple years and i wonder if anyone else has info on this guy. a friend of mine swears by this stuff, and i'm interested in getting more info on him. it sounds too good to be true, to be honest.

this was the most i could find:
Meeting with Dan Harden in Boston - AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11178)

DCS
11/22/2009 6:40pm,
I've only heard good things about him, and yes, what trustable people says about his skills sounds too good to be true.

But I haven't personal experience with nor I haven't seen him on video so....

SaintHamish
11/23/2009 12:24am,

Thanks
Christopher Hein

Are you seeking him out for instructional purposes or you want to flame him for personal reasons?

DCS
11/23/2009 2:10pm,
@Conde Koma

Could your friend write here about his experience with Harden?

Conde Koma
11/23/2009 4:23pm,
I'll ask him to be more in-depth the next time i speak with him, but all i know is that he sparred with him and thinks he legit. He was saying it's not so much about aiki as it is body mechanics and internal training. He also said that Harden's stuff would take off like the BJJ revolution. After hearing this, I'd really like to see Harden's fighters in action.

1point2
11/23/2009 6:09pm,
The guy's behavior at aikiweb makes me about 75% dubious. I'll keep the door open for him being the 1 in 100, but damn if he doesn't make it hard.

Refusing a seminar invitation is pretty wacky.

ChristopherHein
11/24/2009 11:58am,
Are you seeking him out for instructional purposes or you want to flame him for personal reasons?

I'm over my interest in Dan Harden. I've done some digging, and think I have a pretty good idea of what he's got going on. He's doing one kind of thing, I'm doing another.

Conde Koma
11/24/2009 1:26pm,
Could you please share the results of your research? I didn't find very much, but I probably didn't dig as long or hard as you did.

ChristopherHein
11/24/2009 8:07pm,
Because Dan Harden himself doesn't talk about his personal training in open forum, I feel that it's not my place too. From what I found, Mr. Harden has trained under a shihan in, and is ranked in Daito-Ryu Aiki Jujutsu. I don't think Mr. Harden is misrepresenting himself, so if he doesn't want to talk about his training that's his preogative.

If you want to know about his theories on Aiki, you can look to Aikiweb, he posts there often.

Meson
11/25/2009 10:01am,
Because Dan Harden himself doesn't talk about his personal training in open forum, I feel that it's not my place too. From what I found, Mr. Harden has trained under a shihan in, and is ranked in Daito-Ryu Aiki Jujutsu. I don't think Mr. Harden is misrepresenting himself, so if he doesn't want to talk about his training that's his preogative.

If you want to know about his theories on Aiki, you can look to Aikiweb, he posts there often.

Then why comment that you have researched what he is doing?

DCS
11/25/2009 10:52am,
I don't care about his theories on aiki or his lineage. That's something easlily found in the various forums he's been posting for years.

I'm looking for first hand reports about his skills, preferibly done by people with fighting skills.

Does he kicks ass, yes or no?

A very simple question, isn't it?

May be you know about Akuzawa. Back in the day a bully who had decent kickboxing skills (Luan iirc) meet him and wrote a report saying the guy is a very hard hitter.

Now, with that data available, one can decide for himself about looking for Aunkai training.

Same could be done regarding Harden. Find someone with martial arts skill who you can trust and has met Harden. Ask him if he is a good fighter or a good coach. There's no need to ask him to reveal "t3h secret training methods".

Harden is in the Boston area. There are bostonians here.

cyrijl
11/25/2009 11:50am,
Chris:
http://www.shenwu.com/discus/messages/431/3438.html?1175874842

Pretty strong words. What made you temper your tone?