PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping up "Aikido Sux Month"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

cyrijl
3/30/2007 8:06am,
In Short,
1 - If your art is having an existential crisis, then it sux

2 - If you art is more concerned about world peace than kicking ass, your art sux.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12276

3 - If you appeal to the greatness of your master more than the haredwork of yourself, you sux.

Thank you. This has been a broadcast of "Aikido Sux Month" If Aikido did not suck the thread you have just read would not have existed.

Virus
3/30/2007 8:49am,
If you have to debate the possibility that your art sucks, it does.

PSanderson
3/30/2007 9:02am,
I would have to agree on both those points.

May it one day demonstrably not suck!

Permalost
3/30/2007 10:35am,

God dammit!

Ke?poFist
3/30/2007 10:47am,

Don't tempt me into starting a thread entitled, "My BJJ school....does it suck for the street?"

I think your existence may implode upon itself if I do :seppuku:

jkdbuck76
3/30/2007 11:03am,
I really enjoyed Aikido sucks month.
At least someone was nice enough
to make us a musical video of...er...
highlights of aikido.

I wonder if they'll do hapkido/kuksool/hawrangdo sucks month?

vigilus
3/30/2007 12:43pm,
Three cheers for world peace!

PSanderson
3/30/2007 12:57pm,
Three cheers for world peace!

World peace sounds pretty good to me.

Rock Ape
3/30/2007 1:02pm,
Yeh but who the **** would we shoot at then ?

Kid Miracleman
3/30/2007 1:03pm,
The Aikido Sucks Month highlight video was great. I really liked the Truth About Aikido video as well, which was a parody of "The Un-Funny Truth About Scientology" from YTMND. Anytime I want to show someone the inherently sucky nature of Aikido, I can just link them to those videos.

Of course, what really gets my goat is how Aikido nutriders say that practicing Aikido will help you achieve inner harmony and how it's all about peace and love and all that crap. I started a thread here in YMAS a couple of days ago regarding an article that my school paper published regarding the campus Aikido Club. All the club members talked about was how Aikido will help one achieve spiritual harmony; they barely mentioned its (non-)combative aspects. I posted the article here (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53004) for anyone interested in reading it. I'd say it's definitely worth a laff or two.

Holy Moment
3/30/2007 1:06pm,
Haha, I remember this time I subbed an Aikidoka with a standing armlock during Judo randori. Beaten at your own game.

Rock Ape
3/30/2007 2:47pm,
Haha, I remember this time I subbed an Aikidoka with a standing armlock during Judo randori. Beaten at your own game.Pictures/video please.

DCS
3/30/2007 2:49pm,
Yeh but who the **** would we shoot at then ?

Easter bunnies?

Rock Ape
3/30/2007 2:55pm,
Easter bunnies?That's what the dog's for.

DCS
3/30/2007 3:07pm,
Shoot the dog.

Rock Ape
3/30/2007 3:22pm,
Shoot the dog.Only if it can says Jihad or such shite... So far all it does is eat easter bunnies.