PDA

View Full Version : What? You actually want me to read the sticky I posted in?

graham sinclair
3/19/2007 5:15pm,
i am quite happy to say this is my first post on here .i am interested in getting back into martial arts locally to where i live in the uk,london.at present i travel to wales to train with my instructor in goshinkwai yawara TBD once a month for three hours of training 1 to 1.i am looking to get regular training during the week.not fussed particularly what i do .just want a good instructor who is approachable and understands the fact that i work shifts <i am a EMT>.i am a big bloke 197cms high and weigh 150kgs,on a diet and upped my fitness training to drop my weight.i am still quite fit even at this weight but i was starting to feel sluggish.So ladies and gentlemen who are good people to train with and who should i most definitely stay away from.i am willing to look at any style .could you in your responses say why they are worth training with or more interestingly why they are not! i f am not sure if i have posted in the right section though people?

SpringHeeledJack
3/19/2007 5:17pm,
Nope. You've posted in a forum rules sticky. You should've started a new thread in newbietown to introduce yourself.

Here's a link. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

sochin101
3/19/2007 5:20pm,
Kinda not the right forum... best place to introduce yourself is in the Newbietown sub-forum thingie, where you will be gently eased into your Bullshido experience.
We have a lot of southern England posters, so maybe they'll see your thread in there and give you some advice.
Welcome to Bullshido.

Tom Kagan
3/19/2007 5:26pm,
Culled from:
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47091

Graham Sinclair,

Welcome to Bullshido. Enjoy your stay. It may be prudent to lurk and read for a while before posting again outside of Newbietown.

RunningDog
3/19/2007 7:17pm,
Goodness you are a big fellow aren't you? You'd do well at Judo, might be dangerous for your classmates though.
How about you find out what MA classes are near you (hint: Google; phone directory), do a search on each style, and if you still have any questions ask away.

jtkarate
3/19/2007 7:19pm,
Welcome....need to lurk and learn the rules before jumping right in.:spanky:

Abusivemelon
3/20/2007 1:50pm,
Goodness you are a big fellow aren't you? You'd do well at Judo, might be dangerous for your classmates though.
How about you find out what MA classes are near you (hint: Google; phone directory), do a search on each style, and if you still have any questions ask away.

I thought judo favoured the little guy? What with all the throws being performed from under your opponent.