PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from South Australia

KaneElson
3/19/2007 2:35am,
Hey,
I'm just posting this to get rid of the huge message telling me to post.....

Sex: Male
Style: Looking....
Height: 180cm
Weight: 64kg

Feel free to ask me anything :eatbaby:

Hope you all enjoy my lurking,
Kane

OmegaBot
3/19/2007 2:36am,
We knew you could do it! KaneElson posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

KaneElson
3/19/2007 2:39am,
We knew you could do it! KaneElson posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine how harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

Yay, bots make typos too. I don't feel so bad about my poor spelling now ;)

Abusivemelon
3/19/2007 3:02pm,
Your grasp of English is better than some here. Studying Aikido simply makes you an easy target for trolling but if it wasnt that im sure we could find something else...

Welcome to Bullshido.

KaneElson
3/20/2007 7:14am,
I tried Aikido today and I am not so sure it is what I want to do.

It sounds great in theory but in practice it failed my expectations. I know I am just beginning but I saw the criticisms that many people (Especially bullshido) put forward.

So I am going to try and check out some other styles.... There isn't a huge choice in Adelaide but I am sure I will find something suitable.

Red Sauce
3/20/2007 10:19am,
Hey Kane, Welcome to Bullshido!

I took the liberty of finding some Judo clubs in Adelaide for you to look at:

Adelaide Aikijitsu & Judo Club
125 Gilles Street
ADELAIDE
www.aikibudo.com.au
[email protected]
Contact: Dante Roccisano Phone: 8352 8448 Mobile: 0422 600 238
Coaches:
Dante Roccisano, Andrew Skrzypiec, Hans van Gelder & Mark Overton
Training:
Tuesday 7.00 to 8.30pm Seniors
Thursday 7.00 to 9.00pm Seniors
Friday 7.00 to 9.00pm Juniors & Seniors
Mat Fee: $10.00 per Night

Adelaide University Judo Club
Bldg 5, Winwood Street
Thebarton
email: [email protected]
Contact: Karelyn Curran Phone: 8352 5142 Mobile: 0413 359 407
Coaches:
Michael Headland Rokudan, L Hall, & M Miller Nidan & Karel Curran Shodan
Training:
Monday 6.00 to 8.00pm Seniors
Wednesday 6.00 to 8.00pm Seniors
Friday 6.00 to 8.00pm(Irene Watson Rm) Seniors
email:[email protected]
Mat Fee: $4.00 Students $6.00 Seniors per night

IF I WERE YOU, I would check out the Uni club first and foremost, as looking at their site: www.adelaide.edu.au/clubs/sport/clubs/judo.htm they seem to be more competetion orientated and with good degrees of sucess, they also seem more organised to deal with beginners than most competetive clubs.

Go and check them out! And let me know what you think.!

KaneElson
3/20/2007 4:28pm,
Thanks Whorian and Red Sauce.

I might go check out some judo at the Uni, I'm not so sure I would be good at competitions but we will see.
On that note, the world Police and Fire games are on here at the moment so I'll go watch some Judo competition today.

Red Sauce
3/21/2007 5:16am,
Thanks Whorian and Red Sauce.

I might go check out some judo at the Uni, I'm not so sure I would be good at competitions but we will see.
On that note, the world Police and Fire games are on here at the moment so I'll go watch some Judo competition today.

Well there not going to ask you to compete until your good and ready (at least 6 months of solidtraining) and even then you'll only be put up against other newbies, so don't worry about it!

Uni clubs are great because they are dirt cheap and normally lots of other beginners! So check it out and let me know what you think.

Also let us know what you thought of the Judo at the games and post links to results if any.

KaneElson
3/21/2007 7:48am,
The progressive results are available at http://www.2007wpfg.com/sports/results.cfm
There is some more Judo tommorow, the medal results should be posted ~24 hours from now.

I didn't get to see any today, by the time I got there they had finished as a fair few people didn't show up o_O. There was a judoka on my bus and he didn't look very happy hehe.

I will let you know what it is like tommorow.

KaneElson
3/26/2007 12:47am,
I thought I would update you....

I missed the Judo again on the second day because my class ran later than I thought it would.
I managed to watch the Karate on friday and it was soooooo bad. I'm not insulting the people who where competing just the whole way everyone bounced up and down for like 5 minutes then tried to do a high kick to the head, getting their foot grabbed and then they dropped to the ground. Then they have to stand at oppisite sides of the mat and repeat the cycle.

Red Sauce
3/28/2007 5:56am,
Hey Kane, any update on your Judo training? Have you been yet?

KaneElson
3/28/2007 7:53am,
Nah, I would like to give it a shot but the university holds its beginner lessons at opposite times to when I am available. I will make an attempt to attend at some stage though.