PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Last Dragon

Pages : [1] 2

Dancing Dragon
3/19/2007 1:29am,
Yo, wuz up yall. Dancing Dragon here, a new cat on the block. Damn, where to start. I practice my own, self-taught "interpretation" of Jeet Kune Do called "Dragon Fist". The Tao of Jeet Kune Do is my bible. I own every film and published training book about Lee. My philosophy on the martial arts stems primarily from Bruce Lee's "Art of the Soul" concept. My art is simply an expression of myself, and I fight from my soul. I like to spar, and fight just for the hell of fighting. It's always good to test my skills and make sure they improve. Well that's my intro, catch yall later.

Peace

OmegaBot
3/19/2007 1:30am,
BULL RUSH ON Dancing Dragon!!!

Ke?poFist
3/19/2007 2:24am,
Christ....

Well welcome Dragon. Have you had any formal training, or do you just train on your own?

Locu5
3/19/2007 8:21am,
Until you find a qualified coach, your martial art will never be worthy.

Scrapper
3/19/2007 8:28am,
Please start a thread about dragon fist in YMAS.

Goju - Joe
3/19/2007 8:41am,
uh oh....

Axelton
3/19/2007 11:02am,
Dancing Dragon. I find drunken style kung fu to be the most deadly but I also think that Monkey style is also extremely effective. Especially against Russian systems. Your thoughts?

Abusivemelon
3/19/2007 3:05pm,
Yo, wuz up yall. Dancing Dragon here, a new cat on the block. Damn, where to start. I practice my own, self-taught "interpretation" of Jeet Kune Do called "Dragon Fist". The Tao of Jeet Kune Do is my bible. I own every film and published training book about Lee. My philosophy on the martial arts stems primarily from Bruce Lee's "Art of the Soul" concept. My art is simply an expression of myself, and I fight from my soul. I like to spar, and fight just for the hell of fighting. It's always good to test my skills and make sure they improve. Well that's my intro, catch yall later.

Peace

Awesome I missed too many of these threads. Little heads up, "Self taught" = Crap for the most part and nutriding Bruce Lee...bad thing to do here. However im sure you know better.

Welcome to Bullshido

Ke?poFist
3/19/2007 4:33pm,
Awesome I missed too many of these threads. Little heads up, "Self taught" = Crap for the most part and nutriding Bruce Lee...bad thing to do here. However im sure you know better.

Welcome to Bullshido

No he doesn't ;) Bruce Lee nutriders never know, and always appear shocked when they find out.

SpringHeeledJack
3/19/2007 4:40pm,
http://www.referencetable.net/dance/dragon/dragon.gif
HAMMER TIME

jnp
3/19/2007 5:37pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

You might want to lurk a bit before you post outside of Newbietown. Self-taught people tend to not fare well here.

Backdraft
3/19/2007 6:32pm,
Especially when they nutride Bruce Lee. Welcome nonetheless.

jtkarate
3/19/2007 7:04pm,
Originally Posted by Dancing Dragon

Peace

:new_blowi .....Welcome to Bullshido ..nice knowing ya.

wackamole
3/19/2007 10:47pm,
Yeah Bruce Lee was so self taught. YEAH!!!!!!!

Yip Man who?

Dancing Dragon
3/19/2007 11:29pm,
Ah yeah, I'm gonna love this place! I like the preconcieved notion that everything that I know about martial arts I taught to myself. As if techniques came to me in a dream, lol that's too rich. I study and train with several instructors in my area and pick up techniques and concepts from them, we share experience. Jeet Kune Do is just a name guys, don't take it too seriously, yall know that! Many of bruce lee's concepts, techniques, and philosophies, I have taken into my own personal method. You know the drill "absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and to add what is specifically your own"

alex
3/19/2007 11:43pm,
uh well its a fairly gunned for notion considering you said "I practice my own, self-taught "interpretation" of Jeet Kune Do called "Dragon Fist"

so what styles do your instructors teach?